Witch Coven Notes

Information about covens:

The first three covens were Genesis, Exodus, and Leviticus. They were also the three most powerful covens; their ranking being Genesis as the first most powerful, with Exodus and Leviticus following respectfully.

Over time, as the known world expanded and witches migrated, new covens were created as branched from the three main covens. The two more powerful sub-covens were the Vices and the Zodiacs.

The Vices consisted of seven covens: Superbia, Avaritia, Luxuria, Invidia, Gula, Ira, and Acedia – this of course being based off of the seven deadly sins.

The Zodiacs consisted of twelve covens: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius, Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn, Gemini, Libra, Aquarius, Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces.

After the two sub-covens proved to become vibrant under the three main covens, more sub-covens followed. Thus, the Hellas were created and following them the Natura.

The Hellas, named after ancient Greece, are several dozen covens all named after Greek Mythological figures such as major and minor Gods and Goddesses. The thirteen most notable covens are: Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Hermes, Hestia, and Dionysus.

Lastly, the Natura consists of hundreds of small covens around the world, all named after the beauty of Earth and its nature. The most notable covens out of many consist of the Luna, Sunglow, and Frost coven.

Of the three main covens, only one remains. Both Leviticus and Genesis were wiped from existence, though their magic didn't go with them. Leviticus was the first to fall; having been picked off over time by their vampires and forced to convert as a favored practice. Eventually, the vampires outnumbered the coven and they fell to an attack. Before completely being wiped out, the elders created the last incantation, which delivered itself to the next coven in line; Genesis.

Genesis completed the ceremony, adopting the Leviticus' power and history as a part of their own and keeping the Heart of the Phoenix put away (being that it's indestructible). The orb was stolen and years later used against them by eight vampires in order to wipe out the entire coven line. The last incantation was created once again, meant to move to the Exodus coven in order to deliver their power and history.

As we know, that didn't quite happen.

Thank you for reading. ♥