Chapter Thirty-Six

I squealed with laughter as Oliver carried me into the building. He lowered me easily, but my legs were still unsettled by the sudden adrenaline that pulsed through me. I stumbled and he caught me with a devilish smile which warranted a sharp wack against his chest from me.

"Why do you even ask if I'm ready?" I inquired once again with exasperation.

"It's fun," He responded simply before pulling me closer to him.

"I'm not a rag doll, you know," I grumbled, though I couldn't resist a smile rising on my features. I did have fun, despite my protests.

"Of course not, Queen Katia," Oliver teased, lowering his lips over mine softly. I ran my hands over his stomach and around to the back of his pants, smoothly reaching for a small package he had stowed away in his pocket. When my fingers wrapped around it, I bit his lip before dancing away, twirling as I brandished the package.

"What's this?" I asked mischievously. "Did you get fan mail?"

"You minx," He growled, a familiar hunger in his gaze as he watched me. My smile only widened as I aimed to open the package. He abruptly stepped forward and I just as quickly stepped back.

"Ah ah!" I warned, holding my hand up the package, "I know how to do magic and stuff." I was teasing. I wouldn't actually do anything to something of his, but I enjoyed his response as he tensed, preparing to tackle me.

"I bet it's another toy car," Levi announced with ease behind me, swiping the package away before I could move to avoid his grasp. He opened the package and sure enough, a small figurine of a vehicle landed onto his palm.

"It's not a toy," Oliver grumbled with embarrassment, "It's a vintage model car and a collector's item." Levi leaned over me, placing the car on my shoulder before making vroom noises. I couldn't help laughing with amusement at Oliver's reaction. I took away the miniature car from Levi and handed it out to Oliver innocently.

"I'm sorry I stole your... collector's item," I said politely. He stepped forward, reaching for the object while simultaneously grasping my hand in his firmly.

"Don't worry, you'll pay for that later, little devil," He stated deviously.

"Katia," a voice called from the stairs. I turned to look at Sebastian, his lips turned down with that familiar frown of thought. I'd come to notice he always looked so serious when making a decision. At the same time, I never knew what decisions he was making.

"I'm coming," I answered without waiting for his request. Oliver released my hand, taking the small car from my grip. Instead, Levi reached out to take my hand in his, brushing his lips on the back in the most polite and yet heated way.

"Until next time, darling," Levi mused with disappointment.

I smiled pleasantly, moving to follow Sebastian. I wasn't too eager. For the past two weeks I had been called to Sebastian, either his room or office, where he would inspect the words on some proper appendage such as my forearm while simultaneously writing it down in a notebook. At first, my heart had pulsed dangerously with excitement. But over time, I found it boring if not just soothing enough for me to take a nap.

This time, Sebastian led me to a random sitting room, only this room was absent of most décor or furniture. The only furniture in view was two armchairs around a small coffee table. I frowned, looking around as if there would be a sign that said why we decided to go here.

When I looked to Sebastian, I noticed he still held that deep-thought frown.

"Are we doing something different?" I asked curiously.