Chapter 13

I ran for what seemed like half an hour. But when I looked at my phone, I was only running for 20 minutes.

Close enough.

Out of nowhere, it started raining really hard and I didn't even have a jacket.

Fuck.

I ran into the nearest store, which by the way, was a block from where I was. Just my fucking luck.

By the time that I got inside of the store, my hair and clothes were soaked.

And you won't believe who I saw.

My best friend Angela.

AHHHHHH! Sorry. Major BFF moment.

I ran over to her, not caring who was looking and practically jumped on her.

"Shit, Claudia! You almost broke my arms with your heavy ass!" Angela said after we broke apart.

Awe, this is why I love her. She is my best friend and is always honest.

"I see you still haven't been lifting weights then. Otherwise you'd be used to my weight." I said and laughed.

She rolled her eyes.

"As if I could ever get used to your fat self." Angela joked.

I patted my flat stomach and said, "Oh please! My stomach is so flat! Your just weak as fuck." I replied and we both bust out in laughter.

Angela walked me over to a booth by the window and we sat down on the opposite sides.

"So anyway, why are you wet?" She asked.

I pointed outside at the rain.

"Okay let me rephrase my question. Why were you outside?" Angela asked.

I told her everything. When I say everything, I mean since the first time I met Brad up to what happened just now.

"That little dick. I'll chop off his dick if you want." Angela threatened after I finished telling her.

I shook my head.

"There is no point. I'm not dating him so it's not like he's mine." I said.

"And I care because? Your boyfriend or not, a boy isn't supposed to ask a girl out and then go and basically have sex with another girl." Angela pushed on and rolled her eyes.

"First of all, I did say no to him. Plus, he didn't have sex with her. He fingered her." I pointed out.

Angela slapped my hand.

"I said practically. I didn't say he did have sex with her." She said and rolled her eyes again.

This girl just loves rolling her eyes.

"Moving on, what are you doing here? Don't you live on the other side of town?" I asked.

"I was going to come to your school and suprise you. While I was driving, I saw this store and was going to buy you food. But you just had to come over here and ruin the suprise." Angela explained and pinched my hand.

I put my hands over my heart. "Excuse me for being heartbroken." I joked and then we laughed.

For two hours we sat in that booth just talking about everything that has been going on in our college lives. Angela says that she saw my mom the other day in the corner store. But when I asked what my mom was doing, she told me that my mother was beating the shit out of a guy for trying to finger her in public.

"Let me just say, your mother can fight!" Angela exclaimed.

"Where do you think I got it from?" I asked jokingly and we carried on with another conversation.

Just then, the doors to the shop burst open and you know who came in?

My fucking asshole of an ex, Jack.

And he was looking straight at me.