Chapter 18

Class finally finishes and I run out of the room.

I race to my dorm and dig around in my bag to find the key.

Once I find it, I put it in the key hole and unlock the door.

Why was I rushing?

I wanted to track down Jack and make sure he goes to jail. If he isn't in jail, I will never feel safe.

I went to the bathroom and stripped myself before entering the shower.

********

About 30 minutes later, I was ready to leave.

That's a record for me.

I was wearing black skinny jeans and a black shirt with one strip of gray near my chest. I put on my black beanie and put on my black Nikes.

I'm not big on what brand of shoes I wear. As long as I have something on my feet I'm satisfied.

I was wearing all black be aide it would be harder for anyone to spot me when I go looking for Jack.

Zendaya would be so proud of my spy move!

I didn't bother taking a bag. I needed to travel as light as possible.

So I got a pepper spray and stuck it in my bra.

Then I put my phone in my pocket after I made sure it was on silence. I might need to call the cops.

I found a tazer in one of Brad's draws and put it in my hair, which was currently held together in a big bun.

I took out my secret gun I stole from my mom and put it right behind my head, down my shirt. It was close enough that I could reach it if necessary.

I felt like I was ready and ran out of the dorm, putting my key in my pocket.

I ran out of the building and into my new car that I bought yesterday.

I put the car keys in and started up the ignition.

I put my car in reverse, getting out my parking spot, then put my car in drive mode when I got to the street.

"Fast and furious, here I come."

I raced past every light, even the ones that turned yellow. Yellow just meant slow down so I didn't even care.

I reached the highway in no time and made my way towards LA.

******

It took me a couple of days but I finally made it.

I went to Jack's house and parked my car.

I came out and closed my door as silent as possible.

I went over to his house and saw that the lights were on.

Through one of the blinds I could see him sitting on the couch watching a movie.

I'll just have to sneak in through the back.

I went around the house to the back and felt under the mat.

I remembered that he always had a spare key under his mat. He was making this easier than I thought it would be.

When I unlocked the door, I crouched down incase he looked in my direction and silently closed the door.

I was still crouched down near the counter when I accidentally banged my head on the wall trying to see Jack.

"Shit!" I muttered and pulled my head back.

I heard the snap in his neck and gulped.

He started walking to the kitchen and I tried to cease my breathing.

Everything went quiet and I figured that he was gone.

This is where I acted stupid.

I never looked in the other direction. I should've.

Because the next thing I knew, someone had hit my head with wood I think and everything went black as I faintly felt my head hit the cold floor.

I fucked up.