Chapter 20

I gulped and pulled my head back a little.

Jack moved back to where he was originally and placed the knife in front of him on the floor.

It was very close to me. Maybe if I stretched a little, I could grab it.

Of course I won't do it when he is looking because what if I'm not able to get the knife? Then I'll die.

"How come you don't just grab the knife?" He asked and my head snapped up.

"Because you would kill me."

He smirked. "You know, for a slut your very smart." Jack said and I almost reached forward to try and grab his shirt. But I restrained myself and swallowed again. My stomach made a growling noise.

He laughed. "That word always had you going. Anyway, I'll be back. I'm going to bring you some breakfast." Jack said and left the room.

That's surprising. I didn't know aliens spoke my stomach language.

I waited a few seconds and then slipped my hands out the handcuffs. I love having slim wrists.

I got up and picked up the knife.

No one was coming to save me and I needed to save myself. This is why I love Merida the best out of all the other princesses. Because she didn't have to get a man to have a happily ever after. And she had to save herself too.

I inched towards the door and slowly opened it. Thankfully, there was no creaking noise.

Before I left the room, I scammed the hallway to make sure Jack wasn't coming back and when I saw it was all clear, I quietly crept out the room.

I walked down the steps and when I got to the wall near the kitchen, I crouched down next to it.

I smelled waffles. Oh, I'll come back for you later waffles. I don't leave food behind. What are people for?

I waited until I heard footsteps coming towards me. I put the knife in position and as soon as I caught sight of him, I stabbed him in his throat.

The plates and drinks flew everywhere. Poor food.

Jack fell to the ground and clutched his throat, trying to pull the knife out. I pulled it out and stabbed him in his chest 5 times. When he stopped breathing I dropped the knife on the floor and took a step back.

I kept backing up until my back hit a desk. I turned around and saw a house phone.

I picked up the house phone and dialed 911.

As soon as I called someone answered.

"You have reached 911, what's your emergency?" A calm female voice asked and I took a breath in before answering.

"I was being held hostage and I have just killed the guy." I say and wait for a reply.

"What is the guy's name?" She asked.

"Jack Jorge." I say and hear keys clicking in the background.

"Where are you located?"

I look out the window to see the street. "543 Town Street." I say.

"Ok, remain calm. The police are already on their way." She says.

"Thank you." I said and hung up. About five minutes later, I hear the sirens beeping down the street and then I see the cop cars pull up in front of the house.

I rush out the house and go over to a cop. When he asks me what happened, I tell him what I told the woman in the phone.

He just nods as I speak and when I'm finshed some of the cops go into the house.

The cop I was talking to put me in his car and drove me to the school after I told him I lived in a dorm.

I get out and thank him then go up to the dorm rooms.

I get the spare key out of the hiding place it's in and turn the e knob.

I burst through the door and see Brad on his bed.

Except he isn't alone.