White Wine and Pancakes

He peaked his head around the corner just enough so that he could see his target walking into the other room. He had snuck into the Russian mansion in the early evening and now it was eleven o'clock and Chernikova was alone. He knew that if Chernikova felt unsafe he would send for his guards which meant that Maxen had to be precise and quick. He never messed up and he wasn't about to start now.

He had already mapped out where the security cameras were and he was in the clear now that he was in Chernikova's suite. His steps were silent as he crept his way towards the bathroom in which his target had just entered. He looked through the crack and saw that Chernikova's back was to him, perfect. He silently slid through the door way and pointed the gun at the back of the Russian's head. His finger was steady on the trigger but right as he went to pull it back the Russian turned around and froze with his eyes wide. 

"Кто ты? Что ты хочешь?" The Russian asked in his native tongue, questioning who the stranger was in front of him.

Maxen knew many languages, one of them being Russian, so he answered back, "Вы мертвы." He pulled the trigger and watched with a small smile as his body fell limp to the bathroom floor. He tucked his gun into the waist band of his jeans and hurried out of the bathroom, the easy part was done. The hard part was always getting out of whatever he got himself into. Just as he was making his way out of the room and out to the balcony he heard the bedroom door open, he was running out of time. They would find the body any second and the property would be on lock down. He had to get out now!

He jumped from the balcony down to the next and when his feet hit the ground he broke out into a run. Just as he cleared the last gate he heard the alarms go off.

"Stop!" A voice called I front of him but he had made the mistake of putting his gun away and the man in front of him was armed. The Russian started yelling at him to get down and put his hands behind his back so he did, he gripped the gun in his waist line but before he could pull it out the Russian brought the butt his gun down in his face. Maxen fell backwards onto the grown with a groan but whipped the gun out and pulled the the trigger twice. 

"Fucking Russians." He groaned before he jumped back to his feet and hurried down the street. He was out and that was all that was important at the moment. He jumped into the driver's seat of a Mercedes and quickly took off down the road. Once he was back on the crowded streets he knew his job was complete and he was out safe. He hated Russia. He was looking forward to getting back to Boston and maybe this time he would take a few days off. 
.
.

"So when was the last time you saw Mr. Hottie Bugatti from next door?" Casey asked as she sat on her friend's couch with a glass of expensive white wine in her hand. The large plasma screen TV was playing the Oscars and the girls were making a night of it.

"Four days ago, after I made him pancakes." Baibin said with a small pout and a shrug of her slender shoulder. She knew she shouldn't have expected him to reach out to her after their little escapade but that didn't mean that she didn't want him to. Part of her was making up excuses for him like it had only been four days, maybe he had to leave for work again... but then again he had just gotten back. Who leaves that quickly after just getting back?

"You miss him?"

"I barely know him."

"Well you had sex with him so you know him at least a little bit." Casey said with a small laugh, Baibin pushed her shoulder playfully. "Careful, don't spill the wine."

"Whatever! We have another bottle... And I'm twenty seven. I'm old enough to have sex with someone and there be no need for ties. We all have needs."