Private Jets

A/N: IMPORTANT!! So I just want to write a disclaimer that anything from The John Wick movies belongs to them. I will be tying in little pieces of the movie into this story but no characters will be in the story.

I hope you're enjoying the story! I haven't gotten any feedback recently but I'm still going to keep updating because I love it and I love my characters. Please let me know what you think though!! Also I made the Aesthetic for Maxen above. And I have one for Baibin I'll post in the next chapter.

Baibin couldn't remove the smile from her face as she glanced down at the Cartier Love ring on her left middle finger that Maxen had given her for Christmas. She used that hand to grab the champagne that was sitting on the ledge by the window in the private jet that she was sitting on. She looked out the window as she took a sip of the champagne and watched as Maxen discussed something with the pilot and another man in a suit.

The pilot was around the same height as Maxen but leaner. He looked like he was paying close attention to whatever Maxen was telling them and that made her smile. Maxen had a way of commanding attention from those around him, whether he knew it or not.

The discussion ended and the pilot followed Maxen towards the plan and went his own way into the cockpit with the copilot as Maxen made his way towards where Baibin was sitting. He took the seat across from her and brought his eyes to rest on her face where he found her smiling at him.

"What has you so happy?" He asked as he leaned back in his seat.

"I miss Juno." She answered honestly, bringing out a light chuckle from Maxen. "So, this is the private jet that takes you all over the world... it's nice." She said nonchalantly as she looked around, nodding in approval.

"Well it certainly is that." He agreed just as the engines got started and the plan started to move off the tarmac and towards the run way.  "You ready to be back in Boston?"

She nodded. "I'm ready to get back to normal."

He scoffed. "What's your normal?"

"Painting every day in my studio, having Juno at my side all the time, waking up to when your job permits." She nudged his leg with her high heeled foot.

"Is waking up really your favorite part?" He asked with a suggestive smirk.

Baibin ran her foot up his leg before leaning forward placing her hands on his knees. She had never sex on a plane but as they took off into the air she couldn't help the thought from crossing her mind.

"It's definitely not my favorite." She bit her bottom lip and he reacted just how she had expected him to.

He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her onto his lap so that she was straddling him. His lips connected to hers and she was quick to respond as her hands glided over his muscular torso. She didn't stop there. She pulled the black long sleeve shirt over his head and moved her lips to his neck, causing Maxen to let out a low moan.

Just when he was about to move her to the couch, his phone started ringing. She groaned because she knew that he couldn't let it go to voicemail. It was kind of like an un spoken rule, the Agency called and Maxen answered... every time.

She leaned back and let him pull his phone out of his pocket.

"Hello?"

She made the move to go back to her own seat but Maxen's left hand tightened on her waist. She looked back at him and he shook his head 'no' so she wrapped her arms around his neck and waited. She watched as his eyes darkened just before he closed them tightly.

"Where?" He asked and she knew it was a job, what else would it have been, a wellness call? She highly doubted that. "I can't. I'm not alone." The person on the other line argued with him for a moment. "I'll go back to Boston and from there I'll..." They cut him off and she knew, by his expression, that he didn't appreciate it. He hung up the phone before looking at her with regretful eyes.

"What is it?"

"We have to stop in Madrid." She looked at him confused and he continued. "I have a job that apparently can't wait until tomorrow. They want it done tonight." She moved back to her seat and this time he didn't stop her, he pulled his shirt back over his head.

"What I'm I supposed to do while you go do this?"

"We'll get a room at the Continental." He stood up from his seat and walked towards the cockpit, leaving her alone in her own thoughts. He left her with so many questions and she hated that.

When he finally came back he sat down and looked at her expectantly, he knew she had some questions.

"What the hell is the Continental?"

"It's a hotel that strictly provides services to contract killers."

She looked at him like he was insane but she knew he wasn't. "You mean there's enough contract killers in the world to have a hotel strictly for them?"

"There is more than one Continental. New York City, Rome, Paris, Moscow and a few other locations have one as well. They have strict rules for us but it's also the safest."

"What kind of rules?" She asked, leaning forward in expectation.

"No business is to be conducted on the premises, meaning that no one can carry out a hit or even touch you without serious consequences. They also house a lot of... amenities, if you will."

She leaned back, feeling slightly confused. "Maxen, why would you need to carry out a hit on another contractor?" He didn't answer right away. He knew she wasn't going to like his answer and he hated that it would only make her worry more. "Maxen..."

"Hits can be put out on anyone, Baibin. Anyone."

"Oh my God." She stood up, moving towards the black of the jet just to get some space. "Why didn't you tell me this?" He didn't answer. "So, what you're telling me is that if someone wants you out of the game, all they have to do is put a hit out on you for who knows how much and that's it..."

"It's not that simple, Baibin, there is a certain kind of respect in our world. No one would put a hit on me for something unless it was serious... they wouldn't risk their own lives like that."

"It's not like I thought it was..." She said, turning to look back at him. "It's just a call and a simple hit... there's a whole underground society that you're a part of. It's literally two different worlds." She ran a hand through lose curls and he got to his feet, moving to comfort her.

"Baibin, do you trust me?" He asked as he pulled her into his arm. She considered his eyes for a moment before letting out a deep breath and nodding. "Then I need you to do exactly as I say while we're here. Alright?"

"Alright." She rested her head against his chest as he held her, enjoying his proximity. When he finally pulled away he moved over to his bag, opened it and pulled out a suit. "What's that for?"

"It's bullet proof." He answered and she put the pieces together as he quickly changed into. She had to admit that he looked amazing but that didn't ease her mind. One day Maxen was going to take a job and he was never going to come home. It was inevitable. She continued to watch him move around the plane, opening compartments she hadn't even noticed and pulling out two hands ups, securing the extra clips to holders with in the suits. She spotted the gold coins he pulled out of a small case and he eyes went wide. He counted out six and dropped them into his pocket.

She wasn't sure about the world she was about to be introduced to at the Continental and she wasn't sure she was ready for it. But whether she was ready, it was happening. If she wanted Maxen then she had to take all of him and this was a part of who he is.