Maddox

IMPORTANT:::: PLEASE READ

This chapter has been changed! in order to take this story where it needs to go, i needed to come back (delete a few chapters) and take out some very big story changers. I'm so sorry for this, please forgive me.

.

.

Maddox listened as his little brother filled him in on what had happened with his girlfriend. Personally, he found it kind of funny but he would never tell Maxen that. This was the reason he stayed away from women, they brought on trouble and unneeded worries. His heart went out to Maxen though, he could see that he really loved the artist, he let himself get to close.

"I guess I won't have to end it, she beat me to it."

"Maxen, you have to know that this is the best thing for the both of you. She deserves to have the things a woman wants and you can't give them to her."

The younger Castle brother nodded but refused to meet his older brother's eyes. He absolutely hated admitting that Maddox was right but he knew in this case that he probably was.

"Maddox. I love her."

The brothers locked eyes as one of them tried to show the depth of the situation and the other tried his best to understand.

"You've left it in her hands Maxen so go back to the states and continue doing your life until she comes back. You can't change who are you and she has to know that."  He took a drink of his coffee, finishing it off, before both brothers stood to their feet. "Take a few extra jobs to keep your mind busy."

Maxen scoffed at his brother's advice.

"Yeah because killing people really keeps the mind at ease."

"Hey, it works for me."

The brothers shared a hug before parting ways, one staying in Paris and one heading to the United States. Maddox was on a mission to find this Artist that had his brother so locked in and convince her to let him go. He knew what was best and apparently neither of them did.

So, after a few easy calls he was able to get the address of where she was staying and decided not to waste any time in the matter. When he got to the house he waited for someone to answer and was relieved when it was the Artist. She had a puzzled look on her face and red rimmed eyes which told him she had been crying.

"Can I help you?" She only had the door open and the right side of her body was hidden behind it which told him that Maxen had taught her well because by the stance she was in, he knew she had a gun in her hand.

"You won't be needing the gun."

"Who the hell are you?"

"Maddox Castle. Do you have a few minutes?" He smirked at the look on her face. She didn't believe it but she nodded and let him in anyways, keeping the gun in her hand. "You plan on shooting me?"

She glanced down at it before sliding back in the drawer that she had grabbed it from.

"What can I do for you, Maddox?"

"I need to talk to you, Baibin."

Her eyes became alert, "Is he okay?"

"Don't worry, he isn't hurt if that's what you were worried about. I sent him back to the states, like you asked him to do." She motioned for him to sit in the same stool that Maxen had sat in earlier that day. "You have my brother wrapped pretty tightly around that finger of yours. I need you to let him go."

Her head tilted slightly to the left and her brow furrowed, who did this guy think he was? She crossed her arms over her chest and a hardened look came over her eyes, taking the older Castle brother by surprise.

"Maxen is a grown man, I'm fairly certain that he can make big boy decisions all on his own."

"You're changing him Baibin, and change isn't good for our life styles. He needs to be focused."

"He is focused, if you talked him more than whenever something was wrong, you would know this."

"You want things that he can't give you." He stood from where he had been sitting and walked over to her.

"You don't know anything about that." Her walls shot up as she quickly got defensive, not likely how much this man knew about the situation.

"You want a baby and you want to play house, well guess what? You're not Barbie and Maxen's not Ken. The only thing that would result from that is one of you ending up killed. So, go back to the states, pack up your crap and get out of his life."

A firm slap was heard as the palm of her hand collided with his cheek. She saw the look of bewilderment in his eyes but she didn't care, she didn't like being told what to do. She was done being told what to do and done playing victim, the bullet between Derek's eyes said that.

She stormed over to the front door and pulled it open.

"Get out." Her voice was cold and it caused him to raise an eyebrow.

"You're going to get him killed."

He watched as she reached into the drawer and pulled the gun out, pointing it directly at his head, her eyes never flinching. This wasn't what he had expected, maybe he was wrong. He stared her down for a moment until she cocked the gun and he knew that he was wrong. If Maxen was ever going to be a woman, it would be the Painter.

"Are you going to shoot me, Baibin?"

"Get out."

He gave her a nod and left, deciding then and there that he would keep what had just happened to himself. He didn't need to give Maxen another reason to stay with the girl.