Eiffel Tower

A/N: another update, like I said... I'm trying to bust these out but feed back would greatly help!! Leave some comments and let me know when you think please! Also the photo at the bottom is the Painting of Bryce.

"So, Maxen, tell us about your work." Joanna asked from where she sat at the dinner table across from Baibin and the blonde didn't even bother hiding her groan at her mother's suggestion. "Baibin, is something wrong with that?"

Richard smirked at his daughter's response, finding it funny how she wasn't letting her mom run the show as she normally did.

"Oui mamma, it's the holiday and no one wants to talk about work. Especially Maxen." She placed a hand on his arm which he smiled at.

"Je ne vois pas quell est le probleme. Peut-etre qu'il ne fait pas ce qu'il Fail." Joanna accused him of not really being a contractor and Bryce smirked while Baibin shook her head and Maxen tried to hide his laugh. He found the situation amusing.

"He speaks French, Mamma. He can understand you."

Joanna looked slightly mortified and gave Maxen an apologetic glance but she nodded.

"It's okay, and I promise that I really am a contractor."

"Of course you are." Richard finally jumped in. "Forgive my wife, she just wants the best for Baibin, as you can imagine."

The siblings shared a look of annoyance before turning back to their food.

"So, you speak French. Any other languages you are know?" Joanna asked as she tried to save the situation.

"A few actually. Russian, French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Romanian."

Everyone's eyes were wide except Baibin's. She knew he could speak all those languages and found it incredibly attractive. Maxen wasn't only physically drop dead gorgeous, he was smart and charismatic. He truly was the full package.

"That is quite the resume. How did you come to learn all of those?" Richard asked, he was amazed. He and his family could speak French and English but that was it.

"My father was quite the scholar at the time."

"And your mother? Did she take part in the teachings?" Joanna was curious about the man who had captured her heart so she wanted to know all she can.

"My mother died when I was an infant." He answered honestly and Baibin had enough of her mother's digging.

"How about we keep the conversation neutral now, mother."

"Maxen, I'm sorry..." Joanna apologized but received a hard look from her daughter.

"It's fine, truly."  

The servant girl came around the table and started collecting the dinner plates. There was an awkward silence for a few moments as someone searched for a transitioning statement.

"What do you have planned for the rest of the evening?" Richard broke the silence.

"We're going to the Eiffel Tower to be stereotypical and kiss underneath it, of course."

"Of course." Bryce agreed with a snicker. "Because Maxen is the most stereotypical guy we know." He was being sarcastic but it earned a chuckled from Maxen.

"Hey, if it makes Baibin smile, I'm always down."

"Good answer, my friend." Bryce gave him a small salute as he stood to his feet, the rest of the room following his suit. "Mamma, we'll be back tomorrow to celebrate."