Gun Shots

When Maxen walked back into his bedroom four hours later he saw Baibin asleep under the covers. Her face was bruised and even in her sleep she looked afraid and on edge. He felt awful about what had happened and it left him angry. He knew he would kill any man for laying their hands on her but he didn't know why. She was just a girl, a girl whom he had slept with and felt an instant connection with. A girl that he could actually see himself with. He felt as though he had a right to her even though he knew he didn't. His only regret was killing the scum bag in front of her.

He discarded his shirt as he strode into the bathroom, turned the shower on hot and let the bathroom steam up for a minute before stepping under the water. He watched as bloody water washed down the drain in a circular motion. He tried to clear his mind but he couldn't. How was he supposed to deal with this? He could only pray she didn't try to run straight to the cops with what she had seen because then he would have to kill her, that thought that left him with a pit in his stomach that he wasn't used to feeling.

"Fuck." He grumbled to himself as he finished his shower and shut the water off. He grabbed a black towel off the rack and wrapped it around his waist tightly before stepping into the bedroom but as he did so he came to a halt.

Baibin was sitting on the bed on her knees and facing him with his gun in her hands, it was pointed right at him. She was a mess. Her hair was tangled and her eyes were blood shot, the dark bruise didn't help either. She had a crazed look in her eye, the shock was gone and reality was setting in. She was in survival mode and that wasn't a good thing for him.

He lifted his hands in a surrendering notion as he stood in his spot and spoke softly.

"Baibin, I need you to put the gun down." She rose it higher so that it was pointed at his head instead of his chest. He noticed her hands were shaking and he knew that if he distracted her long enough that he could get the gun from her. "You're safe now Baibin, I would never hurt you."

"You did more than hurt him, you killed him without any remorse." Even her voice was slightly shaky.

"He hurt you Baibin and he would have done much worse had I not shown up. I'm just trying to keep you safe." He stepped closer but she kept the gun where it was and shook her head.

"Don't move! Don't come near me..." The panic behind those words left him feeling surprisingly wounded, he didn't want her to be afraid of him. He wanted her to trust him.

"Baibin, I promise I'm not going to hurt you. I only want to keep you safe." She seemed to think about his words for a few seconds before he spoke again, "Baibin, put the gun down so that I can help you."

"I don't need your help!" She screamed at him before backing up and standing on the floor, she was still in just a shirt and her underwear. He knew this wasn't a good time but seeing her standing there with the gun in her hands, she was more than beautiful. She was dangerous. That was a very bad combination. "What did you do with the body?"

"I got rid of it."

"How?"

"Baibin, it's better if you don't know. Please, trust me. Put the gun down."

Baibin's heart was beating a thousand beats per minute, her head was spinning and all she wanted to do was be held. But that meant that she was letting a killer into her life. She shook her head, a desperate attempt at trying to get the thoughts to disappear.

"Baibin, what's wrong?" His voice was soft and full of concern but she wouldn't give into it, not yet anyways. She started moving towards the door but kept the gun aimed at him. "Where are you going?"

"I just.. I need something."

"What do you need Baibin? I can get it for you." He offered and she looked at him warily, again his eyes were soft and full of concern. Her thoughts were making her even more upset. She wiped the freshly fallen tears away with the gun free hand and tried her best to hold back a sniffle.