Expecting

Over the next few days Maxen and Bryce got more acquainted and they actually got along really well which made Baibin incredibly happy. She even left them alone together one day to go get her test done with Dr. Calvin, she would have to wait for the results but at least the test was done and out of the way.

          Bryce told her that he approved of her choice of boyfriend and really liked the guy. He also joked about steeling him if he was gay but she knew that he was only teasing so she let it slide. He told her about how he and Maxen went out together one night when she was with the girls and how he ignored the girls who flirted with him and told them to get lost.

This little fact raised her confidence level by a few notches and it also raised her trust in Maxen.

She was currently in the passenger seat of Maxen's car with Bryce in the back as they drove to meet up with Sofia, Casey, and Casey's husband Scott, at a restaurant that the girls chose.

Music was playing softly in the car and while Baibin was humming it and Maxen was driving, Bryce was on his phone typing away at some random novel idea that had just hit him. Baibin knew that he was probably going to use her and Maxen's meeting for a story but she didn't care, in fact she was flattered.

Maxen's phone was in the center console when it started going off and since he was driving Baibin grabbed it. She looked at the screen but when she saw an unknown number her heart skipped a beat.

"Maxen, I think it's the office." She told him and he gave her a quick look with an eyebrow raised. He realized what she was saying and quickly took the phone from her, he couldn't let it go to voice mail so he answered it.

"This is Maxen."

Baibin looked over her shoulder to see that her brother was still typing away and had no idea what was going on, she was thankful for that. She looked back to Maxen and saw that he was frustrated. He looked at her quickly as they reached a red light, the phone still to his ear, and let out a small sigh. She could see that he wasn't sure what to do. He looked back to the road as the light turned green.

"Send me the information and I'll fly out tomorrow night."

She felt slightly disappointed which she knew was stupid but she was also greedy, he had just gotten home four days earlier and already he had to leave again.

"You leaving so soon already?" Bryce asked, apparently he had been listening.

Maxen looked at him through the rearview mirror and nodded, "Yeah, they need me in California apparently. I'll only be gone for three days though."

"You'll miss Halloween." She tried not to pout but everyone knew how much she loved going out, especially during this season.

"Don't worry baby sis, I'll be your date. We will even have matching costumes. How does that sound?" Bryce was trying to save Maxen's ass, and he appreciated it, but Baibin just nodded and looked back out the window as she ignored Maxen's apologetic glances.

They finally made it to the restaurant and Maxen let the Valet take his fancy car to the car park. He took Baibin's hand and they followed Bryce into the restaurant to be greeted by Sofia, Casey, and Scott who already had a table.

"Baibin, you look beautiful!" Sofia greeted the blonde as they kissed cheeks and everyone said hello and got seated.

"So, how is everyone?" Casey asked. She was leaning to the right in her seat which allowed her to be closer to her husband who was leaning to the left in his. The girls thought that it was adorable but the men didn't even notice.

They made conversation, ordered drinks and talked while they waited for them to be delivered. Everything was going great until the waiter came back with the drinks and tried flirting his way into Baibin's heart.

"If there is anything else I can get you before the food is delivered, please don't hesitate to let me know." He didn't take his eyes off of her and it caused the whole table to notice. Baibin had to look away in order to get him to leave and she couldn't help but smirk when she saw that Maxen was sending death glares at the young waiters back.

"Calm down honey." She teased.

"Can I kill him?" He whispered.

"Nope."

"Just a little bit?"

She leaned in and let her lips touch his, just enough to calm him down, before she returned to her wine and conversation. The boys bonded over talk of some sporting event while the girls chit chatted about the gallery opening coming up.

"Maxen, you'll be here for Baibin's Gallery opening right?" Sofia asked, momentarily putting him on the spot. He smiled and nodded.

"I'll do whatever I can to be here."

"Even turn down a job?" Baibin whispered only for his ears to hear. He could tell she was being sassy and he knew it was because he was leaving the next day. He kept his cool and took a deep breath.

"You know It's hard for me to do that Baibin. The more I turn them down then they catch drift that something has changed."

"And that's bad?" She whispered again but Casey interrupted them before he could respond.

"Secretes aren't polite you two! Save that crap for the bed room." They all laughed and it gave Maxen a chance to answer her question.

"We will talk about it later." He took her hand in his and kissed her knuckles, gave her a smile, and calmed her sudden nerves about the topic.

Baibin noticed that Casey was only drinking water and raised an eyebrow.

"Casey, are you alright?"

"Yeah of course, why do you ask?" Baibin looked towards the water and Casey blushed before looking to Scott who nodded for her to go ahead. "So Scott and I have an announcement to make..."

"Holy Crap! Yes!" Sofia shouts before they can even continue, making the table laugh.

"We are expecting a baby!" They all cheered and Baibin reached across the table to take her hand with teary eyes.

"Casey, I'm so excited for you! And I'm so excited to be an aunt!"

"Don't worry, you'll have plenty of practice with our little bundle before you have your own."

"Oh I can't wait."

Maxen watched them as they all started talking about baby things, things he had absolutely no clue about. He didn't know how to be a part of the conversation because the thought of being a father had never even once crossed his mind. He knew that his job would never permit it but that's also what he thought about having a woman in his life.

He and Baibin had never actually discussed what their future looked like because they had only been together for nearly a month. Sure they were moving fast but not that fast. He didn't know how to react towards her excitement for the baby. He silently hoped that she would be content with helping care for Casey's baby, although he had a feeling that that wasn't going to be the case.

A/N

Hello! I know it's been forever and i am so incredibly sorry! I've been in an intense bible school for three months and i'm currently on out reach in Germany before heading to England. Please forgive me! I hope you all still love the story and i will be updating more frequently. Please let me know what you think!! Thank you for reading!