Halloween

Baibin sat on Maxen's bed with Juno in her lap as she watched him pack for his trip. She was surprised by the small number of clothes and large of number of guns that were in the bag. She found herself smirking at how this was supposed to be "normal" to him and how he didn't have a second thought about it.

"Care to explain how you go through security?"

He laughed lightly before grabbing a shirt and throwing it in the bag, "The Agency has a few of their own plans and I leave from private airfields. I don't go through a security."

"Thank God for that then." She takes the shirt out of the bag, folds it, and places it back inside. "How long did you say you'd be gone?"

"Three days tops. Fly in, do the job, and leave." Juno meows to he takes a quick moment to rub the bald cat's head. "Take care of my girl, Juno."

"She always does."

He zipped up the bag and in turn received a pouty look from his girlfriend.

"Baibin, please be safe this weekend."

"Don't worry, Bryce will be at my side at all times." She stood to her feet and walked into the hall with him towards her own door. "You be safe Maxen, I mean it! Not one scratch... do you hear me?"

He couldn't help but smile. He knew he couldn't promise that but he still found her caring to be comforting and adorable.

"I hear you." He leaned down and placed his lips on hers. "I'll see you in three days." He kissed her head and then she watched him walk towards the elevator with a heavy heart.

.

.

.

"Does your boyfriend approve of your Halloween costume?" Bryce asked as his younger sister strutted into the living room, giving him a twirl and smiling wide.

"I wouldn't know, he isn't here is he?" She joked, "What do you think?"

They were both dressed up as mobsters, the only difference was that Baibin's costume looked more like lingerie.

"I think you look fabulous, can we go now?" She pretended to pout which only made him laugh. He stood from his spot on the couch and took her hand, grabbed both their coats and pulled her out of the door. "We have a party to get to."

As soon as they got there she found Sofia who was a sexy sailor and Casey who had a couple's costume with Scott, he was a firefighter and she was a Dalmatian. Drinks were passed around, except for Casey who stuck to water. Bryce led his sister to the dance floor and accompanied her for three songs before his attention was stolen from a man across the way.

On her way to talk to someone she knew, she felt someone grip her arm and pull her into a hallway.

"What the hell!?" She tried to rip her arm out of their grasp but froze when she saw Derek, Tyler's best friend.

"You know Baibin, it's been a few weeks since I've seen Tyler and last I saw him he was on his way to your place."

"I don't know what you're talking about Derek, let me go!" His grip only tightened as both his hands held onto her biceps, pinning her against the wall.

"Don't fucking lie to me Baibin! I want to know where my friend is!"

"Derek I don't know, I swe..." She got cut off as he grabbed her chin.

"I'm tired of you, you know that? I always told him you should have been another fuck but no... he had to get himself involved with a whore... if I find out you know where he is, I'm coming back for you. Do you understand me?"

She nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks in a panic. He let go of her chin only to punch her across the face. The impact sent her to the ground now that he was no longer holding her up.

"Fuck, I've wanted to do that for a long time... If he doesn't turn up, it's your ass Baibin." With that he left her crumbled on the floor with tears streaming down her cheeks.

She scrambled to her feet and rushed into the bathroom, she made sure to keep her head down so that no one would see her. When she got to the bathroom she groaned as she saw the damage that had been done. Her bottom lip had been busted from a ring that Derek wore on his right ring finger. It was bleeding and her running mascara made her look more like a zombie than her original intended costume. She tried to clean herself up the best she could but she was silently thankful that it was Halloween, it would be easier to get out of there now.

She headed back into the party and found Bryce talking to the same guy. Guilt bit at her stomach but she knew she needed her brother and she needed to get out of there.

"Bryce?" He looked down at her and his eyes went wide.

"Baibin, what the fuck happened?"

"Please, let's go home..."

"Who did this to you Baibin?"

"Bryce, please... take me home."

Everything in him was screaming to find whoever did this and tear him to pieces but as his sister started to cry again, he knew he had to get her out of there. He didn't bother looking at the guy across the table as he took her under his arm and ushered her out of the party. He held her close until they got home.

Once they got back into the apartment she ran to her own room and locked the door. There was nothing that he could do in that moment to comfort her so he decided to call the only person who could.

He got the mailbox so decided to leave a message, "Hey Maxen, I know you're working but I just thought you should know that Baibin is really upset. I don't know what happened but she won't talk to me about it. I think you should give her a call." He hung and placed his phone on the counter before moving to her door and knocking softly.

"Baibin, please open the door. I just want to help." He waited a moment and then he heard shuffling before he heard the lock clicking on the door. She pulled it open and he didn't hesitate to pull her into his arms. "I don't know what's wrong but I promise to try and fix it."

"You can't fix it Bryce... I really messed up."

"What do you mean Baibin?" He pulled away only enough to look down at her. "What's happened. Is it bad?"

She nodded her head with heavy eyes and started to cry once more as the secretes began to surface and way on her.

A/N

yes! To chapters back to back! I'm gonna be super honest with y'all, i'm not proof reading. I really want to get the chapters out and i don't have a lot of time to write so please don't hate me for that. also, i know that this chapter in not good in any way, shape or form so i'm really sorry for that!

Please let me know what you are thinking! What do you want to see! What do you think about the current situation? and do you want Baibin to get thrown more into Maxen's life style?