Ear Ringing

"All I'm saying is that the devil sends his ugliest demons in the prettiest of packages." Sofia, the sassy Brazilian best friend of the group, said from across the dinner table.

"You should have seen him Sofia." Casey said with a dreamy look while  Baibin rolled her eyes. "He was literally like sex on legs."

"Really?" Baibin asked, "You're kidding right?"

"Oh no. I'm quite serious actually."

Sofia laughed at Casey's witty remark before pulling her phone out of her Luis Vuitton purse.

"What's his name? I'll look him up on Facebook and see for myself."

Baibin groaned before pushing Sofia's phone down to the table in annoyance.

"I'm like 5,000% sure that he doesn't have social media."

Sofia raised an eyebrow skeptically, "Who doesn't  have social media? What's wrong with him?" Sofia's social media game was strong, she had them all. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, vine and anything else you could think of. She was what you would call instafamous and thanks to her, Baibin and Casey had their own healthy share of followers.

At this, Casey laughed. "I told you."

"Will you two please just drop it? That whole thing is over and done with anyways."

"Aw! Really?" Sofia pouted, "I always miss the good stuff."

"I haven't spoken to him in a week and I'm not doing this again. I'm not going to be his play thing." Baibin said sternly with authority in her voice but the person she was really trying to convince was herself.  If she was honest with herself, she didn't know why she did it again. There was something about the way he made her feel that was slightly addicting and that worried her. It gave him to much power and that just pissed her off.

Sofia and Casey looked at each other with knowing looks before nodding in encouragement.

"Anyways, I need to get back to the apartment but I'll catch up with you girls later." Baibin had already paid her tab so once she hugged her friends she quickly made her way home. She was tired. She had gone to Yoga early in the morning and then spent a few hours at the studio before meeting up with girls for dinner, all she wanted to do now was shower and go to sleep.

The elevator arrived at her floor and she didn't hold in her groan when she saw the man who was standing by her door. He was tall, around 6'3", with black hair and beige skin. His blue eyes spotted her as she walked towards him and he gave her an upset look.

"It's a little unsettling that I have to show up at your door to get you to talk to me," He said as she moved past him and unlocked her door.

"I'm still not going to talk to you, Tyler." She said before slipping through the door way and attempting to shut it on him, she failed. He pushed the door open forcefully which caused the door handle to jab into her hip bone. "Tyler get out!" She could smell the alcohol on him and that made her blood run cold.

"All I want to do is talk Baibin. Stop being so difficult." He walked towards her as she backed into the living room. She quickly became afraid as memories started to flood her mind of the last time they were in a situation like this. "You've been ignoring my calls and you know I don't like being ignored."

"Tyler, we aren't together anymore... You need to leave me alone." She said as her back came into contact with the wall, she was trapped. His hands forcefully slammed into the wall near her head and she flinched instinctively.

"We are what I say we are!" He yelled at her as she looked away. He gripped her chin in a rough manner and forced her to look into his eyes. "Who is the guy that's been here?"