I Don't need to be saved

"Are you ready to spar?" Clint asked as I walked into the training center.

I was an agent of SHIELD, but had just been officially promoted as a new Avenger a few months ago. Director Fury believed I was now ready to fight alongside Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye.
The excitement that bubbled in my stomach wasn't going to be dimished by the bruises on my arms and back, or the monster that was waiting for me at home. Here in the tower I was a hero, I saved people, and helped keep the world safe, I was someone..
"Hello earth to (y/n), you ready?" Clint asked again nudging me with his shoulder.
"Yah sorry, just off in pornhub land." I giggled, jogging over to the archery range.
Clint was laughing as he walked over to me and handed me a bow. "It starts early today." He snorted as he watched me grab an arrow and sling it onto the bow.
I pulled back on the string, well tried too. "Holy shat, what the hell Hawkboy, how am I supposed to pull this back, I know I'm a big girl, but fack, I'm not She-Hulk." I whined as I tried to pull it back again.
"Here let me help you," he laughed as he grabbed my right arm.

I winced and automatically dropped the bow. My arms were bruised and sore to touch.
"What's the matter with your arm?" Clint asked reaching for my long sleeve.
"Nothing, I need a bow that isn't going to take 300 lbs of power to pull back." I snapped crossing my arms across my chest.
"Hey what's the matter with you?" He asked picking up the bow and arrow.
"It's not that bad, this is the same one you shot with a week ago babygirl." He said shaking his head.

"Can we try something else today, maybe my 9 mm, or OH can we do some Kali!?" I asked walking over towards the sticks that were displayed against the wall. I adjusted my long sleeve and grabbed two sticks, testing the weight in my hands.

I turned around and Clint still stood by the archery range, staring at me. "Steve and I don't like secrets (y/n), I know there is something wrong." He said as he layed the bow down on the counter. "You can trust me, we've known each other for a long time."

I sighed as I made my way towards him. He was right we had known each other for a very long time, I knew him before he was Hawkeye, Nat and I were there for him when Loki decided to take away his free will, and he was the one who walked me down the aisle at my own wedding.
We had grown up together, but lost touch when he and his brother left. We had surprisingly found each other the day after I joined SHIELD. I've always wondered if Director Fury put us in the same department for that particular reason in the first place. Clint Barton was my best friend, I told him everything, well almost everything.
I never told him when my husband Shaun starting grabbing me on his drunken nights, I never told him when Shaun started hitting me, I never told Clint that I lost my first child to a miscarriage when Shaun pushed me into the wall so hard that it cracked.
I couldn't tell anyone, because my husband was the Governor's son, also on his way up the political ladder. Shaun and his father had made it perfectly clear that I would regret telling a soul, if I ever let anyone know about the late night beatings.
When I brought up divorce, Shaun busted my lip, it made Shaun and his Governor father feel good and look good for the cameras, having a SHIELD agent and now an Avenger in the family. I was stuck, and there was nothing I could do but work.

So I worked, worked as much as I could, and tried to stay away from Shaun as much as I could. Except last night, I assumed he was still out of town, but when I got home around 9 p.m., I interrupted his evening drinking session with his political advisors, and I paid for that with the bruises on my back and arms.

"Hey, talk to me." Clint said breaking my reverie.
"It's nothing, I got out of the office late last night, I'm just tired, so Kali Hawkboy?" I smiled as I tossed him a stick.
Clint sighed as he balanced the Kali stick on his palm. I could see the hurt in his eyes, and it made me feel awful, but I wasn't going to burden him with Shaun and his father.