XIV

Dan made his way back to his hotel room in a daze, unsure whether anything he thought was real, or if he'd imagined the past hour.

He reached his door and fumbled in his pocket for his key. He was so absorbed in his own thoughts that he didn't hear the quiet footsteps approaching behind him.

"Daniel," a voice sang. "Something else has happened"

"PJ, seriously? I've been out for two hours and you're already here asking me what happened?"

"I saw you and Philip going up into the roof," PJ said.

"So?"

"If he'd ditched you, you'd be sobbing. I know you."

"How do you know he's not just told me he just wants to be friends?"

"Dan. Have you seen yourself?"

"No. Why?"

"You're practically glowing. That is not the look of unrequited love."

Dan sighed, but he was smiling. "Ok, fine. You've got me."

"YES!"

Chris stuck his head out of a door to see what the commotion was. "PJ, could you please be ever so slightly quieter? Some of us are trying to sleep."

"Chris, it's half twelve.  You should be awake by now," PJ answered.

"Whatever."

"Plus, we have exciting news!" PJ was practically dancing with excitement again.

"What?" Chris groaned.

"PHAN IS REAL!"

Dan laughed. "Phan?"

"Yeah. What's phan?" Chris asked.

"DANIEL AND PHILIP!" PJ yelled.

"Ohhh," said Chris, realisation slowly dawning. "Really?"

Dan's beam told him everything he needed to know.

"So you finally told him. Good for you," Chris said - slightly sadly, Dan thought.

Dan smiled. "Thanks, guys. Anyway. I'm just gonna go now and, er, think. About stuff."

"Sounds fun," said PJ, raising his eyebrows at Chris, who giggled.

Dan grinned and went into his room. He locked the door behind him and leaned against it, staring at the ceiling and smiling. He wouldn't trade the feeling of warmth inside him for anything.

His phone vibrated and he pulled it out of his back pocket.

AmazingPhil see you for dinner?

Danisnotonfire sounds tempting

AmazingPhil meet you in the lounge in five hours

Danisnotonfire really? Ok

AmazingPhil x

Dan couldn't help but smile.