.2

Chapter 2

"Hi," comes out of my mouth as I, frozen in spot, stare at Luke Hemmings. He looks up, surprised to see me, and flashes me his perfect set of teeth once again.

"Hey," he replies. His eyes hold mine and I hate so much what he can do to me with just one stare. There's no denying it now. Luke Hemmings is looking me in the eyes, and I love it.

Now, just imagine it. You are in front of your idol, your sunshine. You are in front of the person you love so much and have been stanning for five years. Granted this sunshine may be a complete and total idiot at times, you still love him. You love him so much. So, what do you say?

I'm sure you can think of a hundred possible things you can say to him. I sure did prepare questions for if I ever get to see him in person. But my subconscious pushes the college student out of me and I end up asking the question I did not expect asking.

"Is the music industry as great as you thought it would be?" blurts out of my mouth. The damage is done. "Were they more stressful, more demanding, and more rude than you would have expected. Do they hinder you from making your music impact the world or do they help you do it?"

Luke doesn't answer my question. Instead, he starts laughing, and God is it a beautiful sound. I loosen up a little and move my feet, slightly embarrassed. Once he's done laughing he looks back into my eyes and say, "That is one question I did not expect to hear."

I smile back at him and shrug. "Sorry, I'm a little ambitious."

"I can see that," He says, leaning against the sink, still with his body turned to me. "I saw you at the concert earlier. Did you have fun?"

He saw me? He actually saw me? So it was real then. I didn't imagine his eyes trained  on me. 

"You saw me?"

"Yeah," He laughs again, "You were one of the people who were actually dancing and not recording every second of the show."

I smile again, "Well that's because my phone died."

Luke throws his head back in laughter. I honestly can't look away. I can't miss a moment of this. My heart is beating so fast I'm afraid he might hear it.

"But yes," I continue, "I did enjoy the concert. You guys were amazing up there. You really have improved a lot."

"Thank you," He replies. 

He stares at me and I stare back, wondering why I haven't got answer to my question. As stupid as it sounds, I need to know the answer.

"I'm waiting for you to ask for a picture with me," He says, breaking the silence with that perfect, idiotic smile back on his face.

A picture with Luke Hemmings. Something I can actually take home to prove to people that Hey! I met Luke Hemmings! But what's the point? People don't really need to know that I met him. The only person who needs to know is me, and I'm already memorizing every detail of this. I'm memorizing every detail of him. Even down to the lip ring he wears that makes me think of sinning.

"I don't want a picture," I answer. "I don't see the point in that. I want an answer to my question."

Luke smiles yet again, "It's a difficult question. It may take some time to answer." He looks directly into my eyes again. This feels so personal, so invasive, and yet the butterflies in my stomach are writhing.

"You know," He finally says, pausing for a second. It may be me overthinking things but he looks a little nervous. "I haven't been exploring this beautiful city of yours. So how about you take me somewhere and give me time to think about your question while we're on the way there."