.11

A/N: If I Could Fly by One Direction to the side. Play it once I transition the chapter and just put it on repeat till the chapter ends. IT GIVES THE FEELS. Okay, without further ado, enjoy!! 

Chapter 11

The moment we hear the lock of the front door click open, April and I leave our seats on the couch and rush towards it. Lynn steps into the apartment with her face slightly flushed and April and I give each other knowing looks. Lynn takes a step back from us and rolls her eyes. 

"Personal space, guys!"

"Well?" April asks, ignoring her comment and taking a step towards her.

"Well what?" Lynn fires back, her cheeks burning red, a sign that something definitely happened during her first date with Darren.

"Tell us what happened," I say, bouncing up and down on the balls of my feet. God knows how long we have been waiting for this day to come. April and I spent the entire day pacing around the apartment in anticipation. 

She pushes past us and puts her bag on the couch where Dylan practically lives on. He raises an eyebrow at her, also curious about what happen. Lynn takes a seat and bites her lip, "He kissed me."

The living room fills with screams and cheers the moment that sentence leaves her mouth and even Dylan smiles. April and I hug each other, jumping up and down. You may think that we're overreacting, but if you know how long it took them to actually get here, you wouldn't blame us.

"Finally!" April yells, "I thought that idiot would never do it!"

Lynn throws a pillow at April but we all know she agrees. If it took Darren this long to ask her out, we thought he would take way longer to gather up the strength to kiss her.

It's been almost a month since Lynn and Darren 'hungout' together with his friends, during which he finally asked her out on a real date which was delayed until today. It's also been a month since I spoke to Luke. For some reason, he didn't contact me after he left. I've been doing pretty okay, but I'm sure I'll blow up and start crying sooner or later. April thinks he's an asshole. I think he's just busy. April says I'm making excuses for him. I...honestly agree.

"Your first kiss," Dylan teases, "How was it?"

She leans back against the couch and smiles, "It was good. Not as good as the second one though. Or the third one."

"Don't tell me you guys fucked."

"I'm not like that, April!" Lynn exclaims, throwing another pillow at her.

"Stop throwing the pillows!" Dylan complains, "I sleep on those."

April turns to grin and at me and I roll my eyes. She thinks I had sex with Luke too easily. I think that she shouldn't judge me because she wasn't in my position.

"Well, congratulations," April claps, "You're the only one out of the four of us here to have a relationship."

I clap along, trying my very best to ignore Dylan trying to catch my eye. It's been 6 years of him asking me out and me rejecting him. He needs to give it a break.

"I say we order pizza," April suggests, causing me to cheer harder. I've been craving pizza all day. My prayers have been answered. 

"I already ate," Lynn says, apologetically.

"I say all the single people order pizza," April corrects, grabbing her phone and dialing in the number.

. . .

The party is boring as shit. I honestly have no idea why April dragged our asses here and I don't know why I let her. I'm honestly starting to get sick of college frat parties. The beer is cheap and terrible and everyone is so fucking horny. It was fun during my first few semesters, but now it just grosses me out.