.3

Chapter 3

Yes, I admit it, I've dreamt of kissing Luke Hemmings for four years. How can I not? I've been constantly bombarded and surrounded by one-shots, imagines, and gifs of it. Now that it's actually happening, I feel like a need a push to be brought back into reality.

His lips brush mine so lightly and so slowly, and it's driving me crazy. His hands run down my arms and I feel tingles on every inch of skin he touches. The kiss is soft and nice. It's gentle, slow, and so much sweeter than I've ever expected. I can feel his stubble on his jaw rubbing against my smooth skin. It shouldn't feel this good. It really shouldn't. He slowly brings his tongue into the kiss, brushing slow strokes against mine. I can still taste the coffee on his tongue and a hint of mint. God does he taste good.

I'm the first to pull away, feeling way too light-headed. His eyes open the moment I pull back and I'm suddenly embarrassed to look at him. I sit upright and look at my wall.

I need to breathe. I need to learn how to inhale air. I just kissed Luke fucking Hemmings and it was better than I've ever imagined. Is my life a dream right now? Can I never wake up? Please?

"I'm sorry, Scarlett," Luke groans, "I had to do it. I'm sorry."

"Stop saying sorry," I say, trying to ignore my reaction to his groan. I grab a pillow and throw it at him.

He laughs when it hits him and pulls me towards him. "Are you mad?"

"No," I say, allowing him to wrap his arms around my waist.

"Good," he replies before kissing me again. This one is different. This one is more passionate. I guess the fact that I'm sitting on his lap contributes to it.

His arms wrap around my waist and pull me tight against him. He kisses me harder this time, not that I'm complaining. I kiss him back with equal passion, my hands running through his hair and tugging on it slightly.

ring ring

Luke groans as he pulls away and reaches to grab his phone from the back pocket of his jeans. "I'm sorry," he apologizes before answering it.

"Yeah?"

He continues to keep one hand on my back.

"I'm a little busy," He says into the phone. His hand leaves my back and he rubs his face. "Right now? But....yeah I know....I see...isn't there still time because...okay...fine...yes I'm coming."

He ends the call and throws his phone on the bed. "That was my manager," He looks at me, "I need to go back to the hotel. They want me to get a good sleep before the flight."

My heart sinks lower than I thought possible. This is the end of it then.

"I can take you down and help you call a cab," I say, climbing off his lap. I try not to let my feelings show on my face. I can't.

"Okay," Luke says. 

That's all? Okay? Wow. 

I stand up and gesture to the door with a half-hearted smile, "Shall we?"

Luke stands up, takes my hand, and walks me towards the door. I try to ignore the way my heart is breaking as we enter the lift. I'm fine. I'll be fine. The question is, is he?

I look at him only to catch him staring at me.

"Subtle," I say sarcastically.

He smiles apologetically, "I just want to remember your face."

My heart crashes again at those words and I bite my lip.

"Give me your phone number," Luke says quickly holding out his phone, "And your Twitter, and your Instagram."