Chapter 8

11:46p.m.

"If we get caught, you can get us out of trouble with your connections right?" I whisper as Luke pulls me to hide at one of the pitch black, hidden corridors.

He clamps a hand over my mouth to shut me up and presses me against one of the walls to make sure I'm hidden. We both hold our breaths as we anticipate the ring of light to hit us and give us the fate all trespassers have to endure.

Of all the goddamn times to patrol this particular floor, the security guard just had to choose the time Luke and I decided to finally sit down after an entire hour of walking around. The guard hasn't seen us yet, but I have a feeling that he's about to. The corridor we're hiding in is a dead end. If he comes here, we're screwed.

Luke and I watch as the ring of light grows larger and nearer to us. Fuck. If my entire future falls into ruins because of this, I will beat the shit out of the boy currently clamping my mouth regardless of how pretty his blue eyes are.

The ring of light shines into the corridor we're both hiding at, startling us. This is it. This is how it ends. It grazes the wall opposite the one we're pressed against, and for some fucking reason, it then turns away and heads forward like nothing ever happened.

He didn't see us. The security guard didn't see us.

I turn to Luke to see him grinning. "Thank God for that," He mumbles before leaning in to kiss me once again.

12:39a.m.

"I want that skirt," I mumble, my face pressed against the glass of Forever 21. I really want that skirt. It's such a shame that it's closed. I could wear that skirt to college. I can think of a couple of tops I have that could go with that skirt.

"It's a nice skirt," Luke replies beside me, his face also pressed against the glass.

We both stare into the dark store, my eyes focused on the tan, a-line skirt and Luke looking at whatever he's looking at. What even is he looking at? Does he see something he like? Is he looking at the skirt too?

"We've been in this position for 10 minutes," Luke informs me, his voice slightly muffled by the glass.

"I'm sorry," I apologize, "I can't stop staring at the skirt."

"This happened at Topshop, and H&M, and Cotton On..." He trails off and starts laughing.

I nudge him hard with my elbow in an attempt to make him stop laughing. However, it's true. Staying overnight in a mall was such a bad idea. Looking at clothes I can't buy from the window of stores that are closed is similar to torture. While my wallet is heaving in relief because I'm not spending my limited money, my body is itching to try on these clothes.

Especially that skirt...

Luke finally tears himself from the glass and puts his arms around me, "If it's any consolation, I think you would look fucking hot in that skirt."

Holy shit. I don't think I'm ever going to get bored of his compliments.

"Now I want that skirt more badly than ever," I reply.

"Well you would look better with the skirt off, if you know what I mean," He whispers, kissing my neck.

I shut my eyes and focus on the tingles running through my body at that. "Yeah?" I answer, my voice shaky. Damn him. He's even controlling my fucking voice.

He turns me around and winks at me, "Really."

Okay you know what? Fuck him. I have half a mind to run to the mall security guard so he can put Luke in jail for being so fucking hot. It's a danger for me and my poor heart, which is beating so fucking fast I wouldn't be surprised if it just exploded right now.