Twelve|Childs Play

CHAPTER TWELVE

-

I sat on the large granite table as I watched Sebastian cut up vegetables and meat. My blue eyes where shinning brightly as I was astonished by his fast movement and how he could move on to something else in a flash.

Sebastian turned around and looked directly at me with dull amber eyes "May you hand me that spice mix that's beside you Violet." He asked, pointing to a little glass bottle.

I grabbed it and handed the mix to him. He dipped his head "Thank you." He said before spinning around and getting back to work.

I hopped down and stood beside him to watch more closely. He took a glance at me to see my beaming face as I watched, he smirked and turned his eyes back to his cooking and started up again.

He placed a small mint leaf on the plate and backed away "Finished. Now.." His voice trailed as he placed it in the oven "We just keep it warm till dinner time." He finished with a smile.

The warm scent of lamb filled the room making my mouth water. I licked my lips "That smells delicious!." I exclaimed.

Sebastian washed his hands then ran his hand through his raven black hair, fixing it back in place. He walked past me and opened the door for me. I skipped out of the kitchen, not looking where I was going and ran into someone.

I grunted as the both of us stumbled backwards. I looked up while rubbing my head to see Ciel doing the same. I squeaked and ran over to the earl with worry spelled out in my eyes "Oh my God! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?." I asked while Sebastian helped him, Ciel nodded "Heh, I'm fine. Just watch were your going Lady Violet." He chuckled.

I sighed with relief "Thank god. I don't know what I would have done with myself if I had hurt you." I giggled.

Ciel brushed his dark-grayish blue hair out of his face as it barley revealed his eye patch. He dusted himself off "Me and Sebastian will be taking a run to town to get my newly shipped in cane from the store. Would you like to come?." He asked. I thought and shook my head "No I think I'll stay here. I need some rest you know." I answered, Ciel nodded "I understand, We will be back so just be careful when your all by yourself here Miss Violet."

He waved goodbye as him and Sebastian headed out the door. I turned on my heels and headed toward my room.

I ran into my room and jumped on top of my bed, making a soft thud. I stared up at the pale ceiling.

'I wonder how Mom and Reece are doing? I bet Reece is worried out of his mind haha....How long have I been here? It seems like forever, I know I need to get back...But...But how? I want to stay here, but at the same time I know I need to get back home...'

"Whatcha' thinking about over there?~"

I turned my head to look at the window and saw an open window and Grell perched up on the window edge with a toothy grin. My heart skipped a beat as the unexpected reaper appeared without a sound.

I sat up and crisscrossed my legs and met Grell's glimmering gaze "Well aren't you a sneaky little mouse." I smirked. Grell shrugged "I more likely enjoy myself to be known as a kitten." he snickered and hopped down and sat beside me "So what's my little special Violet thinking so seriously about over here all alone." he asked while cleaning the lens of his glasses, I shrugged "Just thinking about my parents and friends. I bet there worried about me." I admitted with smile.

Grell groaned and slapped the back of my head "So your saying your thinking of leaving?." his eyes became dull and dark. I laughed "No, Not yet anyways. But at some point I have to get home. I have school and other things to do, But if I was to leave I'd cry before I did." I chuckled.