Chapter 23

I looked back through and saw April sitting with her back against the wall, eyes looking around everywhere and drowsy, half open. Blood all over her, god knows what he was doing to her before we got here.

I watched, as he came back out. He kneeled down to her level, and grabbed her throat.

April was too weak to even make a sound.

Her eyes closing and shutting.

He pulled her neck forward and slammed it back, causing her head to hit the wall, he then lunged forward and took a hard punch to the side of her face, he pulled back and then punched her straight in the face.

"I can't do this" Beau spoke beside me.

He pushed me out the way quickly like through and started kicking the door harshly. His foot pounding so hard into the door, it shook.

Her dad then obviously could hear Beau so he unhooked the door before he could even have the chance to open it Beau kicked it back, his face red, as he stormed in pushing him harshly in the chest.

James stood outside making sure nobody was around, and to make sure we all got out.

Skip ran over to April, she seemed lifeless. Her eyes just drooping down.

Jai and Beau was screaming at her dad pushing him into the wall.

Holding him up, shouting words into his face about how sick he was.

I hated him. I hardly knew him, and I knew not a lot about April either. But I hated him.

He pushed Beau and Jai off and ran over to April, he stood in front of her.

We all watched.

He stared at her before, her hopeless eyes gleamed up at him, blood everywhere across her.

I wanted to cry of how badly beaten she looked.

He raised his foot, and slowly lent it back before kicking her with his sole straight into the middle of her foot.

Causing Beau to go crazy, Skip even got up and started hitting him, pushing him into the wall. James ran in and James Skip and Beau all held him up.

"Luke and Jai get April downstairs, James called a cab" Beau shouted.

Jai slung one of Aprils arms around his neck as he signalled me to help him out, I carefully took her cold bloody arm around my neck and carried her outside, her legs not functioning enough to carry herself.

"April are you okay?" Jai asked her, as we tried to get her down the stairs.

She didn't reply, her head hung low.

"I've called mum Luke. She's out shopping, she doesn't know what's happened with April, I told her that we had come home early, she will be a couple of yours. When we get back, you need to get April in the shower" he spoke as we reached the end of the steps as I saw the cab waiting.

I nodded.

"Okay" I said swallowing a lump in my throat.

I haven't been so scared before.

We got April on one side, and because we was in a 7 seater Jai got into the fat back, I got next to April as she still was in responsive her face pouring out with blood.

I grabbed her hand and pressed it onto mine rubbing it as she gripped onto it back.

I looked out the window and saw Beau James and Skip running towards us, they had no blood on them thank god, so hopefully no damage was done badly.

They jumped in and quickly shouted 'DRIVE' to the cabbie.

The taxi ride was around half an hour.

April had lye in the same position all the way back.

I made sure she was okay by squeezing her hand and she would try her hardest to squeeze back, or if she couldn't she would tap her fingers against my skin.

We got back and mum was due back in a few hours.

"Go and make sure she showers. Shower her in her underwear she can't be left alone because she might do something stupid and she can't walk alone let alone, shower but we can't wet wipe this one down she's covered in blood" Jai said.

I nodded.

"Okay Jai" I said as I walked April to the bathroom.

I could hardly see her face just her eyes gleaming through the thick red blood.

I sat her on the edge of the bath as I turned the shower on.

"I'm going to undress you okay?"

She smiled so faintly, that it wasn't really a smile just a gesture to know that it was fine.

I lifted off her shirt causing her to wince as I carried it over her face as it caught on some of the probably formed bruises underneath her messy red face.

I stood her up as she held onto my shoulder, as I slid down her once was blue denim jeans but now looked more red as most of the blood had poured on that when she had her head hanging down.

I stood back up to see her face still straight and gazy, she looked in so much pain.

"Ready to get in the shower?" I asked her.

She nodded but then grabbed the hem of my shirt, and started lifting it off.

"Oh no you're showering not me" I said to her.

She tried to speak then failed. Before saying very quietly. "Please"

I looked at her for a moment before taking off my trousers and top so we were both in our underwear.

I helped her get in the shower but she had seemed to catch her balance easily.

I straight away started cleaning her up, washing we arms and scrubbing them to make sure all the blood was off, and trying not to hurt her.

Once her body was done, she helped me clean her face, washing all the blood off which took us a long time but the warm water helped it all rinse off, the floor of the shower turning red before trickling down the drain.

I couldn't believe how many cuts and bruises she had across her face and collar bones. It was unbelievable.

But she still looked beautiful too me.

All the blood gone, seemed to make April kore alert and awake, thank god.

I turned her around and cleaned all her hair out for her, combing her long hair with my fingers making the soapy suds come out.

She turned back around and she was relaxed and better.

We got out and I made her stand there, Beau had ran out with her bag.

She waited for me as I walked out down the corridor wrapped around my waist with a towel, luckily the boys were in the living room.

I got myself chafed quickly and then got some clean underwear for her and one of my shirts and joggers.

I jogged back to the bathroom and April was still standing there, she took the clothes and smiled.

"Thanks" I closed the door for her, and waited outside.

I could hear the boys in the living room.

I walked in there and they all looked at me.

"How is she?" Beau asked.

"She's better now, I'm going to take her to bed, she's probably so tired" I said.

"Let us know if you need us"

"Oh hi April" skip said.

I looked round to April standing at the door.

"Thanks for everything boys" she whispered. "I love you all" she said walking in and hugging them all wincing because of the pain of her neck and collar bones and face.

Daniel ran his finger over a cut on her forehead.

"Fuck your dads a prick" he said.

I looked at April and could see she was about to break down at about then.

So I walked up to her and said come on, lets go to bed.

We said our goodnights and I led her to the bedroom.

April wanted to sleep so I was closest to everything so she was sleeping against the wall probably because she was scared.

She actually made me have butterfly's when I lie down next to her, seeing her face pressed on the pillow and her eyes gleaming on mine and the quilt
up to her cheek.

She had a tiny bit of blood under her eye.

I licked my thumb and wiped it causing her face to scrunch up.

"I'm sorry" I said panicking.

"It's fine, doesn't hurt as bad now after my shower"

I smiled at her stroking her cheek.

She placed her hand over mine that was resting on her cheek.

"Thank you" she said as she started to cry, which made me feel awful.

"Thank you so much, I don't know what would of happened if you didn't come tonight" she sobbed. I pulled her into my chest, and let her cry onto it. I rubbed the back of her hair with my hand.

"I don't even want to think about it" I said kissing the top of her head.

"I would thank you in a way you enjoy. But I'm in too much agony" she hummed.

"Don't be stupid. The only think I need and want is to know you're safe. I care about you so much" I said to her.

She lent up and pecked my lips.

The salty tears still running down her cheeks.

She lay back into my warm hug as we held up our palms together and entwined our hands.

"You all saved me"