TMI High 27

"Operation return Alec begins" Izzy says as we get in the car. I slams the car door behind me and get comfortable in the passenget seat.

"How do we change his mind?" She thinks outloud.

"Get out the scrap books." I say. "Put baby pictures of him every where. Staple them to the lamps."

She laughs a little but I can tell shes sad. "We can probably get mom in on this too."
______________________

Izzys pov.

Alec has been with Magnus in his apartment for a few days now and I think my dad's finally beginning to change his mind. Every so often he'll look at a the open scrapbook on the table. He quickly looks away but at least he looks at it. Maybe he feels guilty.

I have an idea.

"Jace!" I call from my room and bang on the wall we share.

"What he says at my door a minute later."

"We have to get dad to see Alec."

"He won't agree to that."

"I know." I say. "We'll tell dad we're taking him somewhere for his birthday."

"And Alec will be there too?" Jace asks. "Alec will probably agree to that."

"I think he will too."

I hear my phone buzz as I get a text.

"Clary says to check our mailbox."

Jace hops off my desk chair and runs out the door. He's head over heals for that girl.

He comes back in moments later. "Her mom and Luke's wedding invitations are out."

"We get to go!?" I ask.

"Apparently." Jace says.

"So go tell dad that we're taking him out for a picnic tomorrow." I say and shoo him out of my room with a hand motion. He rolls his eyes and reluctantly leaves. I go back to my homework.
________________________
I french braid my hair until it makes its way into a pony tail. My fathers birthday isn't until Tuesday but we have school Tuesday. I put the finishing touches to my outfit and walk out the door.

"Come on dad." I yell. He walks out in casual attire and slides in some shoes.

"Where are we going?" He asks.

"The park." I say. Jace is already waiting at the door for us to be ready.

We walk out the door and hop in the car.

After a long awkward car ride, we arrive at the park.

I set out a blanket and open a cooler full of drinks and sandwiches.

I spot Alec sitting on a bench and wave to him. He spots me and gives me a small smile.
_________________________

Our picnic is about finished and Alec still hasn't came over. We start walking away from the park and I wave for him to follow.

We're walking down the street when he catches up to us.

"Dad." He says making my our father spin around. "Dad hear me out."

"I have nothing to say to you" he says in a cold tone.

"I don't want to loose the family." He pleads.

"You are n-" alec cuts him off.

"I won't see him ever again if thats what it takes." I gape at him. That's not what I wanted to happen. I just wanted them to make peace. I wanted them to both be happy. They stop walking and make eye contact.

"I want you to love a woman ."

Alec shakes his head and looks down until something catches his attention. His eyes widen and he runs into the traffic.

"Alec!" I scream.

Across the road I see a woman looking in some store windows as her toddler wonders off...into the road.

Everything seems to go so fast asAlec swoops in front of a truck and grabs the child around the waist. The child screams. The truck honks it's horn making the stunned mother jump to awareness and start sputtering thank yous his way. As soon as he returns to the sidewalk. She wraps her son in a hug and kisses his cheeks. The woman is in tears and so is... My dad.?

Alec crosses back over to out side once traffic slows down for a stop light.

"Alec what were you thinking!?" My dad yells. "You could have gotten killed. I will not stand to go to any of my children's funerals. It won't happen. You can't put yourself in dangerous situations like that."

Alec looks down again but he's half smiling.

"What are you smiling about boy. You scared the living hell out of me." A tear runs down his cheek.

"You care." Alec responds.

Our father opens his mouth to say something but soon closes it and pulls Alec in for a hug.
__________________________

Alec collapses on his bed. At home. Where he belongs.

"So what about Magnus." I asks.

Alec shakes his head. "He's welcome in the house also." He smiles and I do too.

I give Alec a giant hug and take a deep breath. The house didn't seem right without him.
________________________

So I'm planning on the next chapter to be the last but I'm gonna miss talking to you guys.

If anyone wants me to draw an original character for any of your stories, hit me up. I know it can be hard to find a good character match on google images.

If you're interested, message me!