TMI High 15

Clarys pov.

I sneak down stairs past my mom who has fallen asleep watching tv. She stirs a little bit as the door opens but stays asleep.

Isabelle is standing in the drive way kicking at a pebble and looks up as I walk out of my house.

She looks at me excitedly "Hey!" she says. She looks over at Simons house. "I need your help."

"You are not waking up Simon!" I say reading her mind.

"Oh come on." she says. "I just need to know which window is his." I look up at the house. Of course I know which one is his window, but I'm not going to tell Izzy. Isabelle is looking at me pleadingly.

"No!" I say. "absolutely not!" she looks disappointed but I think she knew what I was going to say.

"What if he is my soul mate and I just don't know it yet. You could be doing a huge favor, you know, helping two people who were meant to be, be together." She stares at me.

I laugh. "Wow you must be hallucinating. How long have you been up? When did you become so lovey-dovey?"

She abandons her puppy dog eyes and smiles against her will. "Wow, you're not as easy to get through as Alec is."

"Izzy, why can't you just wait?" I say "You can find the love of your life tomorrow." I say in a mocking tone.

"Oh, but thats no fun!" She says looking over to Simons house. I start to walk back toward my house. "Clary!" Izzy whines.

"Second window on the second floor." I sigh. "have fun climbing."

"Thanks!" she says smiling toward Simons house.

_________________________
Clarys pov.

I walk back into my house and shut the door quietly. I start to sneak past the couch until I notice my mom isn't there anymore. I start to get nervous. Where could she have gone.

I walk to my room and open the door. My mom is sitting on my bed holding my sketch book.

"Mom!" I say shocked.

"What are you doing up?" she says in a genuinely curious tone.

"I, Uhh...." God why did I always have to stutter when it came to stuff like this. "My throat." I say holding my hand up to my neck. "I- it was dry and I needed water." I know shes not believing me.

"Outside?" she says.

"Oh. Yeah. I needed some fresh air." I say thinking as fast as I can. I still don't think she bought it, but she leaves me alone.

"Okay..." she says looking concerned. "who's this?" she lifts the sketch book to a page were I was trying to draw Jace. I feel the heat climbing on to my cheeks. She raises her eyebrows. I stay quiet for a while.

"Thats one of my friends." I say with as much confidence as I can. "Mom" I say frowning at her. "I really need some sleep." I will my face to look tired. "Can we talk in the morning?" I'm kinda hoping she'll forget by morning.

"Sure honey." I lay down in my bed as she gets up. She walks out the door and lingers there for a while before shutting it behind her.

__________________________
AN:

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't been updating very often. My last day of school is tomorrow, so hopefully over summer I'll be able to write more. Thanks for reading and voting! Please comment suggestions, and tell me how you like it! Thanks!