TMI High 6

Jace's pov.

I watch the door shut and see what will probably be the last of Clary's clean makeup-less face for the rest of the night. I look at Simon who has just knocked on the door again. Sure, I don't really like him. I'm pretty sure that he and Clary have something going on. I see him just standing there frowning at the door, and I can kinda pity him, but only a little.

"Come on." I say. He looks back at with a frightened look on his face.

"What?" He's asks staring at me.

"You can't go to a party looking like that. You'll make even more of a fool out of all of us." He glares at me.

I start walking upstairs. He hesitate and then starts to follow me.

We get to my room and I go straight to my closet and pull out a plain white tee. I throw it at him and he holds it up confused.

"It's gonna be big" he says.

"A big shirt is better than your gamer shirts." He glares at me then walks into the bathroom.

The shirt is a little big. I already have one of my leather jackets from last year out for him. He puts it on. It looks fine on him. I don't give him anything else. I didn't plan on helping him to much.

We sit there in awkward silence for a while until he pipes up "so, why are you being so nice to me."

I look at him. "Well, you're kinda pathetic. I feel the need to help, because thats just how generous I am." he laughs.

"It wasn't supposed to be funny." I say.

He goes silent and I get lost in thought.

I start thinking about Clary. Most girls would pay to go out with me but she doesn't even seem to notice me. Clary is one of the few girls I actually like. I always seem to get lost in those big, green eyes.

Theres a knock on the door.

"What!" I yell. Alec opens the door.

"Its time to get going." he says.

"Are the girls ready yet?" I ask. It always takes Izzy a long time to get ready herself, now she's getting Clary ready too.

"Well" he says. "No, but I think there close. We should head down stairs." I get up.

"Lets go then."
________________________
Clary's pov.

Izzy finished my makeup and now shes going through her closet. She pulls out a short black dress, or is it a shirt.

"Here." she says handing it to me. "Try this."

"What is it?" I ask.

"A dress...." Izzy says with a confused look on her face." I look at it, and then back up at her. "Just wear it!" she says seeing my 'I'm not wearing this' face.

I go into the bathroom and change. I come out and look in the mirror. Its really short. It has a low v neck and long lace sleeves. My hair is in a bun with some of my loose curls dangling out. When I come out Izzy's holding a pair of black high heels.

"Oh no" I say before she can say anything. Of course, she forces me into the heels.
_________________________

When we come out of Izzy's room, everyone is already waiting for us. I walk out and everyone stares at me.

"Well, aren't you going to tell us we loom pretty." Izzy says to the still gaping Simon and Jace. Alec seems like he could care less.

"Yeah, yeah. lets go." Alec says jingling the keys.

Izzy and Simon head out first. I'm about to follow the when I feel my hair come loose around my neck. I turn around and see Jace. He so close I can feel his breath when he talks.

"I like it better this way." he says twisting a strand of hair around his fingers. I feel like I'm in a trace staring into his eyes. I could kiss him right now. I lick my lips, and start to lean in when I hear a car horn. I pull away, leaving Jace standing there with a look of disappointment on his face.

_________________________