TMI High 17

Isabelle's pov.

I wake up in the morning still in a daze from the night before. Jace and clary helped me get rid of any evidence that I had gone anywhere last night. The only thing that told you anything was the cuts on my arms. We have already declared that I have to go to school today. It will raise suspicion if I don't. I wake up early so I can try to cover the cuts with makeup.

I look at myself in the mirror and concentrate on the cuts, they are hard to see with the makeup covering them. It will be pretty hard to tell it was me if Simon has any suspicion.

________________________
Clary's pov.

I get ready for school and walk downstairs. My mom is already awake and making breakfast.

"Good morning." I say. I really hope she doesn't say anything about last night. I don't think she saw me sneak out the second time. I feel like I didn't sleep at all. My neck has a cinch from sleeping half the night bent over my sketch book.

"Good morning." she says. She looks at the clock. "Don't be late!" she says.

"Don't worry." I say. "I still have a few minutes to get there." She has been worried that I will be late for school ever since I almost was. "I'll see you after school." I say taking an apple and walking out the door.

When I get outside, Simon is leaning against my car. He straightens as soon as he sees me.

"You won't believe what happened last night!" He say as I open the car door.

On the way to school he tells me everything that I already know about last night. "So, who do you think it was?!" He says. He's ecstatic. I've already decided to tell no one about last nights events, but I feel like I am betraying him by not telling him.

"I don't know." I say as confidently as possible. "Is there any one who hates you so much they just want to smash your window?" I say. I try to sound as if I am hearing last nights event for the first time. He shrugs as we pull up to the school. I see Izzy in the parking lot waiting for me as always. She sees Simon and flushes.

"Hey guys!" Izzy says as we get out of the car. She is trying to hide it but you can here the nervousness in her voice.

"Hey Isabelle!" He says. "Izzy, you won't believe what happened to me last night." He starts to tell the story as we walk down the hall. When he finishes she looks like she's about to break down in tears.

"Oh. wow." she says. Trying to sound shocked. "thats really terrible." She looks away from simon. "Well, I'll see you later." She say in a muffled tone and then walks into science class.

"I wonder whats up with her." He looks at me as if he knows I know exactly what happened.

"I don't know." I say. "Maybe it's because she broke up with her boyfriend last night." I think that covered it up pretty well.

Simon flushes "Izzy has a boyfriend?"

"Did." I correct him. I put my stuff into my locker and head to science class.

________________________
Isabelle's pov.

I stare at the clock waiting for last period to be over. I'm not paying attention to what the teacher is saying. I only ever take a break from looking and the clock on the wall to look at Simon. I can feel the pressure of guilt on my shoulders. The bell finally rings.

I feel a hand on my shoulder as I rush out the door and automatically know who it is.

"Hey Simon." I say walking out into the hallway. He walks next to me. "What's up?" I say trying to hold back the guilt in my voice. I feel tears in the backs of my eyes threatening to come up.

"You know, I didn't know you have a boyfriend." he says.

"I don't" I say dryly.

"Oh right." he says. "You probably don't want to talk about that."

"Oh, its fine. Meliorn was no fun anyway."

He looks at me. "You know, I couldn't pay attention all day today." He say. "I just keep wondering who threw that rock last night." I know I'm done for. I feel the tears I was holding back spill down my face.

He looks at me in concern. "Whats wrong?"

"The window Simon-" My throat closes and I can't talk. A look of realization flashes across his face.

"But-" He looks confused and sad. "Why?"

"I-" I look down. I can't stand to look him in the eye as I explain what a terrible person I am. "I just-" I shake my head. He looks around and notices that there are some people staring at us. He takes me by the wrist and pulls me outside and into the corner were no one can see us.

"Izzy, why?" He asks more desperately.

"I just wanted to get your attention and-" I stutter. "I'm just so sorry. I never meant for that to happen." I say through my tears. "I know you probably hate me but-"

He cuts me off. "I don't hate you Izzy." He says looking me in the eye. He lets go of my wrist and moves his hands to hold my face. He wipes my tears away with his thumbs. "It's okay." He says.

"I headed to your house as soon as I broke up with my boyfriend." My tears dry slightly. "I just needed to see you." A small smile come across my face and his eyes light up. He cups my chin in his hands. He leans down and kisses me on the lips.

It was a short kiss, only a few seconds long, but it felt like hours. It wasn't the first time I had kissed Simon either. I first kissed him at Magnus's party, but the second kiss was more meaningful, probably because we were both alert and awake, and not drunk and confused.

__________________________