TMI High 2

Clary's pov.

I look away quickly and try to hide my face because I'm sure its bright red.

We start to work on our paper. We finish it up pretty quick and sit there in silence. After a while of awkward silence she finally pipes up.

"So.... whats your schedule."

I give it to her and she pulls out hers. We compare them and we have a few classes together, science (of course), reading, art, english, and geography.

"Well at least I'll know someone in some of my classes." I say back.

"Oh don't worry about that." she says waving her hand, dismissing the topic. "you can sit with me and some of my friends at lunch and I'm sure you'll get along fine."

At that moment I look over at the boy. Im sure he's one of her friends. He's still looking at me. Why is he looking at me? When he notices that I'm watching him he smiles. This makes for instant butterflies in my stomach. I smile back and then he turns away to the person sitting next to him.

I look back at Isabelle and she's on her phone with her hands under the table. She looks up at me and smiles.

"You should come over sometime. Im dying to give you a makeover."

"What?" I say amused. At that moment the bell rings and Im off to math.
__________________________

It seem like forever until art comes. The boy was in my math class but he didn't seem to notice me. I didn't see him in reading but I wasn't really looking. Isabelle sat next to me in reading too. On my other side was a girl with dark skin and dark brown, almost black, wavy hair that she had in braids. She was nice but I didn't catch her name.

"Soooo...." Simon says making his way toward me. " how is it so far?"

"Yea, it's okay. I made a few friends." I say

"Thats good" at that moment Simons eyes get wide and he looks behind me. I look and Isabelle is standing there. I guess I didn't really notice it until now but, Isabelle is beautiful. Her face is perfectly proportional, she has straight teeth, long eye lashes, and wide, black eyes. Not to mention shes tall and skinny with perfect skin. I wish I looked like her.

"Hey izzy!" I say

Its not until now that I notice the boy is standing behind her. My eyes levitate to him.

"This is Jace." She says "my.... adopted brother."

"You mean Jace the magnificent" he says with a smile and then says hi to me.

"Hey" I say.

Another person comes up and the first thing I see are his eyes. His eyes are bright , and I mean BRIGHT blue, so bright you might think they glow in the dark. He has the same straight black hair as Isabelle.

"This is my brother Alec" she says noticing him standing there.

"Hey" I say. He says we should take a seat so we do.

I sit down and Simon sits down next to me. To my surprise, Jace almost automatically sits down next to me.

I lean over to Simon who is still staring at Izzy. "close your mouth, you'll catch flies." I say. He blushes and closes his mouth.

"Ha. ha." he says sarcastically. "Are these the friends you made?" I nod "Whats her name?" he asks nodding his head toward Izzy.

"Thats Isabelle."I say laughing.

"You don't know Isabelle? I thought you went here last year? Wow... you must be an insider" I hear behind me in Jace's smooth voice. I almost forgot he was there. Simon glares at him and Jace just stares back. His eyes are beautiful.

The girl with the braids walks in a few minutes late with a pass. She waves at Simon and starts making her way over to us. She sits down and starts a conversation with Simon. I learn after a while that her name is Maia

"So your new?" Jace says. I turn in his direction and nod. "huh." He says "You where in my science class."

"Yeah" I say. He talks to me for a few minutes while I sketch. I've always been good at art. He seem kind of self centered in a way, but he's nice enough. Its seems everything he says is sarcastic.
__________________________

We head to lunch and I decide to buy mine from the cafe. I sit down next Izzy. A boy comes up to me and at first I think its Jace until I look up and see a tall guy with white blond hair. His eyes are pitch black. You can barely see his pupil.

"New girl. huh?" I just nod at this. He doesn't look friendly.

"Whats your name." he asks

"Uhh...Clary." I say a nervously. He starts to sit down when Jace comes up behind him.

"What do you think your doing?" He says in a harsh tone.

"Talking to Clary what does it look like" He glares at Jace. I jump at the way he says my name.

"Get out of here" Jace say returning the glare.

"Fine." He says calmly. He starts to walk away. I just stare at him. Im not really sure what just happened. When he's far away enough from the table he turns his head and winks at me. I still just stare back with a confused look on my face.

"Earth to Clary" Jace says. I turn around.

"So Im guessing we don't like him?" I say. He just laughs.

Simon comes up and sits next to me. Izzy sits next to him.

"Simon...right?" she asks. Simon blushes a little.

"Yeah" he says.

A few more people sit down including Alec and three other girls and a boy. Izzy introduces them as Aline, Hellen, Kaelie, and Meliorn.

"Hey, Clary you should come over tonight after school." Izzy says.

"I guess." I say in return.

"Perfect!" shes say smiling.

__________________________