Chapter 16: Finding happiness

I woke up to another day it has been 6 months since I started to go to school again and I'm happy I made that desicion, I also made the choice to take the treatment for my cancer and the docotor says if I keep it up I could be cured!

life is going pretty normal right now i'm catching up with classes and i'm also getting pretty close with dylan.

And I feel at ease now that ethan moved away and Emmett has left me alone also I'm getting along well with Ivy and Dylan.

And I've been catching up with Tyler and Kelly with everything that's happened lately I haven't got the chance to hang out much with them so we go out here and there and sometimes with Dylan and Ivy, it's really fun and I couldn't be happier.

"MAE!" Kelly screams at me knocking me out of my daydreaming.

"What?" I look around, we just finished our algebra class and it's finally lunch time. "Oh sorry kelly hehe." I smile sheepishly at her.

She just sighs, and we head off to lunch on our way we see Dylan and Tyler, we wave and tell them to join us. We're all heading to the cafeteria and suddenly I see Emmett being playful with the girl he's always with, Apparenlty her name is Delilah, she's in the schools dance team and also does some ballet.

We walk past them but as we pass them I feel some tension but decide to ignore it, we sit in our usual spot in the cafeteria, and I see Ivy joining us. Finally we're all together, it feels comforting and great.

"So I told Ms. ginger that the actual answer was 6.889 and she looked speechless." we all laughed, Tyler was telling us that he corrected our math teacher.

"Damn I would've loved to see that!" Dylan says laughing.

"I'm pretty sure all of us would Dylan." Kelly says to Dylan, and he responds glaring at her.

"Anyways.." Dylan says and looks at me. "How's the treatment going M?" yep he has now put me a nickname cuase apparently my name is 'too long' his words not mine.

"Actually I have some news.." I say they all look at me worried. "I am now fully recored, they said it was a miracle." I chuckle to see that they're all smiling from ear to ear.

Ivy and Kelly squeal and hug me to death meanwhile Dylan and Tyler are cheering a bunch of words and I just laugh at all of my friends reations.

I noticed that majority of the school was now looking at us, so I try to shut up my best friends but they keep on screaming and hugging me.

So all you can see is me trying to chase and shut up my friends while still trying to eat lunch, it was quite a sight to see.

***************

The last bell rings I sigh of relief.

I grab my things and head out to my locker to grab my stuff, and I see kelly out the corner of my eye with a guy and suddenly the kiss and they says their farewells, and she comes to me.

"What was that?" I point at the guy walking down the hall.

"Oh yeah that's Kaleb...my boyfriend.." She looks at somewhere else except me. I look at her with a surprised expression of 'why am I not aware of this?'. "I was going to tell you but um a few things happened.." she looks at the floor.

"Explain ASAP!" I say to her.

I pay attention as she tells me all the details and react to each and one of them. "..and then we kissed and it was the most amazing thing ever." she leans on the lockers lovestruck, I coo an aww. "Hey by the way I've been meaning to ask you something."