Chapter 20 : The End of the Beginning

Mae's P.O.V

Everything was finally over.

All the wars I fought through the year have finally come to an end. So then why am I so unhappy that Dylan hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet? I mean it's been a month since we kissed at the hospital. And can you believe he still dares to ask me what's wrong!

"Hey Maemae?" He says next to me, where does he keep coming up these nicknames? "What are you doing later today?"

"Not much. Why?" My interest sparks and I wait with anticipation what he would say next.

"Well...I need to tell you something later tonight, so could you make time for me?" He looks at me and swifts his hand into his hair making it go to the side in the most attractive way possible. Holy hell someone help me. I can't with this boy.

"Mmm well today is friday so uh why not?" I smile at him and he grins. "But it better be good I'm binge watching stranger things."

"What!? Without me? What episode?"

"Sorry I really needed to know becuase-"

"Lalalalalala. I don't even wanna know!" He covers his ear with his hands. "I trusted you! I gave you my netflix account." Well in my defense he didn't come over for a week, I couldn't wait anymore!

"I'm really sorry, you know I don't have the biggest patience for these things." I look at him with puppy eyes while he looks at me angry but soon his gaze softens and he embraces me in a bone crushing hug. "I...can't... breathe..." He let go and chuckled.

"Sorry." I looked up at him, keep in mind that his is like 7 inches taller than me. He looks down at me and soon I feel his breath near my lips, but the bell rings. He sighs and I chuckle.

"Well that's my cue." I tell him to which he grins. I grab my stuff from my locker and wave goodbye but I feel someone slap my butt. I gasp and look back flustered. He smirks and laughs. I scoff and groan at the pain that it left.

I kept thinking what he might tell me tonight as I was walking to class, I enter and sit down, finally the teacher enters and my mind drifts off towards the lesson.

I hear the bell and sigh of relief. School is over, I thought to myself.

I get to my locker and put my book back, grab my essentials and make my way towards the exit of school, I await the bus and I'm off.

As I'm getting through the gates and say my greeting's to all the bodyguards, I notice someone in my room window but they soon shut the curtain. My stomach drops. This can't be happening again!

"Hi Mr.Malccom. Could you come with me? I may or may not have seen someone in my room window." He obliges my order and escorts me to my room. Man I'm honestly tired of this shit. We get to my room and Mr.Malccom takes his gun out and checks everywhere except the closet, we get to the closet and he opens the door.

Someone jumps out. "Maemae!" Dylan screams happily to which I scream of fear and Mr.Malccom gets infront of me. "Woah! Don't worry I'm not loaded, hungry! but not loaded." Dylan says as he raises his hands to the air.

I sigh once again from relief and let Mr.Malccom leave without a worry. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I declare to Dylan and hug him, he hugs me back.

"I'm sorry... I wanted to surprise you." He whispers in my ear and buries his face onto my neck. "I probably shouldn't have done that, after all you haven't recovered from being kidnapped." He says softly. I let go of him and make him look at me, eye to eye.