Chapter 17: When hope is lost

Previously

Mae realizes her feelings for dylan and then when out with Dylan for a snack and then gets kidnapped.
****************

Mae's POV

"You were and are now kidnapped." The man infront of me said with an irish accent, he was tall and had grey hair and a grey beard, he looked around his late 30's, his skin was pale and he wore a black long sleeve turtle neck shirt with formal grey pants, and his eyes were pale blue.

I was honestly scared of his pupils, I felt as if they looked right throught my soul.

"Why? why me?" I said and looked him dead in the eye, To which this made him chuckle.

"Easy." he said. "Becuase you are a princess." he smirked at me, he was now walking around the room and looking at paintings on the walls. "Do you know what these are--".

"I don't effing care." I interrupted him which made all the men in the room gasp.

"Careful with your words darling." he crouched to my height since I was tied to a chair, he grabbed my hair and lifted and eyebrow. "After all, you do want to live, don't you?" he said in an annoying tone.

"Oh but if I die you won't get what you want right?" I said in the same tone he did, he looked pissed, probably thought this was my first time. "Don't look so surprised, this isn't my first time being kidnapped." I said bluntly. I smiled.

"What?" He said and cocked and eyebrow.

"Yup, you don't think I know what you want?" I was starting to hit the bullseye becuase his face started turning red from anger. "You want money, right?" This time I cocked and eyebrow.

"Put her in the cell!" He demanded and a man untied me, this is my chance, I punched him with my elbow in the face and he fell back, another guy comes to grab me and I smack him with my foot and then three men came, I punched two and kicked the one behind me with my foot right where the sun doesn't shine.

They were all knocked out so I ran to an opened window, looked down and saw it was only four stories high, I sigh, I was ready to jump and then a hand grabbed my leg and pinned my body to the wall.

"Not to fast my dear princess." The man from before whispered in my ear, I tried to get out of his hold but he was to strong, then he punched me in the stomach three times and I fell to the floor coughing, then grabbed me by the neck and pushed me up again. "Try anything else and you're dead meat." He shouted and strangled my neck, I couldn't breathe and was taking in small breaths while slapping away his hand.

He let go and I once again fell to the floor coughing and gasping for air, I could feel tears wanting to spill, so I used my hair to cover my face.

"Let me give you some advice Mae, don't think you can escape easyly from here, or else you'll be tourtured and be wishing you were dead." He said above me.

He picked me up bridal style and carried me to a cell, Of course I tried to get out of his grip but failed, he let me fall on the ground and lifted my chin. "Good thing you're pretty or else I would've punched your face instead of your stomach." I avioded his grip and he left and locked the cell which had many bars.

I sighed 'I almost made it out of here!' I thought to myself, I wonder if Dylan noticed that I'm gone or in anyone noticed, I felt a square in my back pocket, I touch to see what it is and like by a miracle it was my phone, I looked at the bars and saw only one bar, I looked at the battery and saw 28%, Dear god.

I texted my mom telling her everything and to send help, since I saw the windows and my sorroundings I could tell I was deep in the city, The dangerous part, I told my mom to look for a yellow abandoned building that said 'slaww' and had a dumpster on the right side of the building.