Chapter 1

MEGAN'S POV

Life was too much. I couldn't take it any more. I had avoided school for 2 months now. My mom had left around 5 months ago, so I was living alone, not in the house I used to feel happy and safe in but an abandoned flat. The cuts had become daily and the suicidal thoughts more. I was only 15, I knew it was young to die but I was also too young to look after myself. I couldn't ask for help. Can you imagine what would happen to me?! I'd be shipped half way across the country and passed from foster home to foster home. There was only one thing for it I knew my plan. I headed down to Bondi Beach.

It was a dark day, drizzly and cold- it was nearing the end of summer. The beach seemed deserted I suppose that was as everyone else had stayed indoors, as any sane person would- then again I discovered months ago... I wasn't sane. I trudged down the beach dragging the navy jogging bottoms and sweater I was wearing with the rest of my body near to the sea front. Why Bondi, you're probably asking? Well why not? If it was the last place I'd see I wanted it to be spectacular. Somewhere iconic.

Soon enough I felt the cold water soak through my trainers as I continued into the sea, fully clothed. I knew I had made my mind up. One step in front of the other until my feet no longer touched the sea bed. My arms flapped about as human instinct kicked in to keep myself alive. I tried to restrain myself. The water was up to my neck. I was going out further to sea. Deeper under water. I kept surfacing. I couldn't help it. My arms and legs automatically tried as hard as possible to keep me above water. Then I gave in. My arms and legs froze I began to sink under water. And that's when I took the last breath...