Chapter 6

MAXI'S POV

As Quinn walked down the prom I knew she was going to be in safe hands. While Harrison filled him and the other paramedic in Reidy and I began picking up the oxygen tank and preparing to move her. Reidy, Harrison and I helped the other paramedics pick up stretcher and carry it up to the ambulance. She still hadn't said a word. That was it i still had to call her "she" as I knew nothing about the girl who tried to take her own life in front of me. When we reached the ambo Hoppo had come out the office and as I looked at him he nodded... He knew I was going to ask if I could go with her. I felt like I was her only hope. I stared into her hopeless eyes. They just seemed like a pit of never ending blackness. Her skin was covered in goosebumps. I'm sure the cold was the only thing she could feel. As the doors shut behind us it was just me her and Quinn in the back of the ambo. As the other paramedic drove us to Sydney Children's.

MEGAN'S POV

I had no energy to move. My chest ached. The only thing I could do was keep my eyes open: and even that was a struggle. I was in, what I was assuming, to be an ambulance due to the blue paramedic uniform the man next to the lifeguard was wearing. I felt my chest suddenly tighten my eyes must have widened cause concern washed the faces of the two men sat next to me. The paramedic put his clipboard down and the lifeguard stood up. " hello, can you hear me. I'm Quinn a paramedic ". I started coughing. I couldn't breathe. Water was coming up out my mouth. Then blank...

MAXI'S POV

I'd been sat watching her. Then all of a sudden she went white as a sheet and her eyes shot open wide. She started choking I felt like my heart was in my mouth. Quinn started to talk to her but her only response was coughing. Water started gushing out of her mouth. We both rolled her on her side as she lost consciousness. Just like that we arrived outside Sydney children's. But then one long beep sounded. Her heart had stopped again. The other paramedic opened the back of the ambulance as a group of doctors and nurses started to push the trolley she was on through the entrance. Quinn jumped on the trolley and started compressions. I went to follow her but I was held back by a receptionist. I stood as I watched her life loss body be pushed down the corridor, surrounded by a mob of medical staff, further and further away from me...