Chapter 7

MEGAN'S POV
I could hear people moving around me. My eyes were closed but I could hear. My eyelids felt like they weighed a million times more than usual, one reason I couldn't open them up. I felt something jabbed into my arm I winced and jumped slightly; eyes still closed. Then suddenly all the feet I'd heard landed upon the top half of my body. "Hello! Hello, can you hear me?" "Squeeze my hand if you can hear me." "I'm a doctor, you're at Sydney children's, I need you to open your eyes". They were like a pack of lions jumping on their prey. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. Instead I opened my mouth a bit. "That's it, can you open your eyes now?!" I was so tired but determined to open my eyes, just so these people would shut up she leave me alone.

I opened my eyes slightly, but was blinded by the light so I shut them again. After repeating this several times I got used to the light and looked up. I was strapped to a board and I had blocks around my head. I didn't like this one bit.

One doctor walked over from the bottom of the bed and presented himself with a calm smile, not a fake one. "Let's step back guys" he announced to the staff who were crowding me. He spread his arms out as a gesture for them to move. About 6 left the cubicle, leaving just him another male nurse and myself. The nurse and doctor walked over to me and looked down so I could see their faces, whilst giving me space. "I'm doctor Kent, but you can just call me Tom. And this is nurse Masters." "Just call me Max" said the nurse. They both gave me reassuring smiles. I just stared. Blank. As the nurse rolled up a sleeve on the gown to put another needle in he stopped. The doctor walked over to him. They both stared at my arm. "They must have missed this when they changed her into the gown, with everything else that was going on" whispered Max. I could still hear him. My eyes darted to him. I looked at him as much as I could, whilst being strapped down. "There are some scratches on your arm, do you know how you got them?" I knew what he was talking about now. The cuts. My arms, stomach and thighs were covered in them. I tried to shake my head. "No, no. Don't move your head, can you talk to me instead?" I hadn't said a word since I'd been bought in here.

"Can I look at your other arm?" Said Tom as he began walking around the bed. I wanted to stop him, I knew what he would find. But how could I. Too late, as I felt the sleep roll up "these look similar to the others, can you tell me what these are please?" Tom gave me  a sympathetic look. He touched them. I flinched. As max moved to my head he caught the gown it showed the ones on my legs. They both looked. I couldn't believe what was happening.

Tom lifted the other side to uncover more on my thighs. He saw more leading to my stomach so followed them. That was where the bad ones were. He couldn't see those.

I jumped. Grabbed the velcro straps on my head, keeping me down and still. I pushed away the blocks. Tears started streaming. My heart was beating faster. I sat upright. Then I stood up, on the bed. Ripped the lines coming out of my arm. Pulled off the stickers on my chest, the monitor on my finger. "It's okay, just calm down. Sit back down for me" said Max whilst thing to reach for me. I pushed him away. I could hear the monitor beating faster, referring to my heart. Tom stepped towards me "you're causing yourself harm. You aren't in trouble we'll help you. I WILL help you!" The monitor sped up. I dropped.

MAXI'S POV
I was sat on my phone when I heard doors swing open. I looked up. She was on the trolley being pushed by a mob of medical staff. I followed her while a nurse approached me "please, do sit back down". I looked at her "No! Not again! I'm coming with her whether you like it or not!"