Chapter 13

MEGAN'S POV
Bang! The double doors swung open as I pushed them with all my force and ran straight for the exit. I could hear the footsteps chasing me.
"Megan! Please wait! Just stop!" Shouted Maxi.

I didn't even turn around I kept running. The hospital gown I was in was constricting my legs and I was struggling to run. I made it outside. An ambulance was pulling up so I ran around the front of it and carried on straight. I was still being followed, I knew I couldn't outrun these boys... but I could outsmart them. I ran around the corner of another part of the hospital block and saw a gate. I swung the gate open and saw I was amongst the hospitals bins and waste. I saw a large dustbin and realised it was my best chance for cover.

It had been raining and the ground was wet and muddy. I sat on the floor, the wet gown turning brown as it soaked up the grounds moisture. It stank. The bins were disgusting and smelt like... well, bins.

"Where'd she go?" Said Harrison.
"She can't have outrun us" said Deano.
"I'll go back and alert security" reported Tom as I heard his voice distance and his feet patter away.
"Let's split up" said Maxi. "I'll head around this area with whippet. Deano and Jesse go over there. And Max and Harrison check over that direction."

I heard them all separate and their voices and footsteps distance. It was getting dark and cold. The gown I was wearing was drenched and I began to get cold... really cold.

MAXI'S POV
I was searching everywhere. It was getting dark and time was passing. We had all split up and I knew we were doing the best we could... but clearly our best wasn't enough. She could be in serious trouble. Dr Kent said there were some things wrong with her results from the tests they did earlier so she needed to get back. She could be in real danger.

DEANO'S POV
I literally knew nothing about this girl but I knew I'd do anything to help.. especially as she was a kid and how protective Maxi had become over her. We had been searching for an hour now we should have found her. It was getting really dark and cold and we still hadn't located her.

MEGAN'S POV
I was shaking uncontrollably and I couldn't feel my feet.. I had no shoes. I began to feel dizzy. I hadn't moved. It had been ages... it was almost pitch black. I tried to stand but I had no energy I placed my hand down to try and push myself up and I placed it onto a massive shard of glass, which my hand engulfed. I let out a small shriek but I was too weak to make any real noise. It began to bleed I looked at it in horror the sight making me feel even more dizzy.

I grabbed and pulled it out which I instantly regretted as the bleeding worsened significantly. I was so numb. When all of a sudden I got a sharp stabbing pain in my stomach. I clutched at it with my blood stricken hand as my once white gown turned another colour... red. It was getting worse. Much worse. I lay down and writhed with the pain. All of a sudden I began to feel my legs shaking. I needed help. I tried to shout but no noise came out. I tried to stand but I couldn't even sit up. I lay amongst the bins and rubbish, drenched and freezing cold. With an uncontrollable bleed on my hand and excruciating pain in my stomach.
All of a sudden.
BLACK.

MAXI'S POV
it had been 2 and a half hours and we still hadn't found her...