Chapter 14

MAXI'S POV
As the third hour of searching approached none of us had given up, other than Max, who had to go in and see other patients. Tom took his break early and was out helping us. If she was outside in the hospital grounds she must be freezing and in serious danger. All the cameras had been checked and it was sure she hadn't left the hospital premises and almost sure she wasn't inside. After 3 and a half hours we had to give up. We all met up and agreed to go inside, as we ourselves were staring to get hypothermia. As we turned to walk in through the entrance we had ran out of three and a half hours earlier ..
"Arghhhh!!!!!! OMG"

We heard a scream. Me, Tom and Whippet lead the run to find where the scream had come from. We headed towards a gate and pushed it open to find a care taker in shock staring behind the bins.

"What is it?! What's wrong?!" I said to the man, who stood shell shocked.
He just raised his hand and pointed to behind the bin.

I walked over, closely followed by Tom.
"Megan?! Oh My God!!" I shouted as I saw her body shaking, her blood red gown, blue skin and cut hand. Her eyes were rolled back and she'd clearly been sick.

"Can I have some help please!" Shouted Tom as we both knelt by her side. The other boys ran over.

"right on three pick her up and run straight through the entrance. Everyone grab a part. Ready. One. Two... three." Instructed Tom as we lifted her body and began running.

Her body just continued shaking, she was obviously very cold. God knows how long she'd been out there. I looked down at her and felt instantly responsible. If I had spoken to her first? If I'd made her listen to my explanation? If I'd ran faster?!

We approached the blinding lights and as we walked through reception Max was just seeing a patient out the door when he saw us all coming. He grabbed a trolley and brought it over as we lay her body down.

Whippet rolled her onto her side as she began to be sick and we all pushed her trolley into a big room... full of machines. A team took over and pushed us all out of the way.

A nurse came over and asked us all to move. I told her no and so did Whippet and Harrison.
"Come one guys. We're no use here" said Deano.
"Go! I've got this. Don't worry." Said Tom.

I knew she was in capable hands with Max and Tom and I really was useless just standing here. So we left.

We were sat in a relatives room. We were all silent. I kept checking my phone. Watching every minute pass by.

It was 23:27.

*************************

00:00am. Still nothing.
"Come on most of us are on shift tomorrow. We can't stay here we don't know how long we could be waiting. Let's.."

"Go?! Are you for real Deano?! You can go but I'm not leaving this place until I know how she is" I snapped back.

"I'm sure she's fine."

"Well she obviously isn't otherwise they'd be here telling me that" he was really annoying me. He has a good heart and I know he has responsibilities, being a team leader but right now the only thing that mattered to me was knowing if she was okay.

"Well I guess that settles it. I'm staying" said Whippet.
"Me too" said Jesse.
"And me" said Harrison.

01:56 am.
Tom walked through the door with Max. I stood up, looked into his eyes. They were like a never ending pit of blackness.

"You might want to sit down Mr Maxwell" ...