Part I - Movies and PenPals

"Has anyone else stretched out in class and your inner porn star moan comes out? Me? Damn."

-Anonymous

Disclaimer: Damn I want Obito and Madara. And Kakashi.

Warning: Romance (le gasp!), fluff, usual

Beta: featherstofly

Editor: Sansho

(ノ◕ヮ◕)*:・゚✧

"Thanks for escorting me, Sensei," I said with a grin directed towards my favorite pervy-sage. "And thanks for looking after Naruto for me while I was in the hospital."

Jiraiya only gave a shrug in response. "It wasn't really an issue. I had to drop in on him a couple of times. He's capable of taking care of himself perfectly well."

"I know. But he'd have been lonely if you hadn't; so thanks."

Jiraiya gave his own signature grin. "And like I said, it wasn't a problem. I'm sure he'll be thrilled that you're out of the hospital now, though."

My grin widened. "He and me both. Ah, before I forget—what are we going to do about training?"

It took every ounce of my willpower not to flinch at the word 'training'. If I was being perfectly honest, I was terrified of the prospect of training. I had almost died, by sheer accident, too. I was utterly powerless against that force and it scared me. Can you imagine? Nearly dying by accident? By simply willing something into existence? And we didn't even take it into account, didn't even consider I could die. Yet it happened, and I didn't want a repeat. The very thought of going back to that field and trying it again sent a shiver down my spine. I didn't want to train anymore. I wanted to walk away from that mess.

But I knew firsthand how risky the chakra was, and while it didn't seem to be affecting anyone else for the moment, I couldn't ignore the possibility of it backfiring and deciding to be lethal one day. I had to learn to control it. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if it turned lethal against Obito or Naruto.

I really, really didn't want to, though.

"Mn. Well you know that I'll be leaving within two weeks—I can't stay in Konoha too long or else I'd lose a few of my associates." Spy network, he meant. "I don't want you trying to manipulate nature like that again."

I almost sobbed in relief.

"Not for a while at least. For now in training we'll cover some other basic manipulations that should help your control. Maybe when I come back we can try again. Maybe."

"October," I said. "Be back October tenth."

Jiraiya glanced at me, his expression unreadable. "Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"I'll see what I can do."

"Don't see. Do. He needs a father figure in his life."

"I wouldn't be a very good one."

I shook my head. "You'd be great. I know you would."

"You don't know that."

"I do," I stated firmly, locking eyes with him. "Don't worry about trying to be a good model for him. Be yourself, sensei. You're a good man. You're a good person. I know you'd be a good figure for him."