Part III - Now Where Could She Be?

Disclaimer: Kukuku. I don't own Naruto.

Warning: Language. Innuendos. Gore. Hints of torture.

Beta: Lavendor Queen

(ノ◕ヮ◕)*:・゚✧

Day 5, Afternoon, Mia's POV

X gave me a piggy-back ride back to our inn, both of us snickering the majority of the way at our dramatic exit, their dumbstruck faces, and the sweet, sweet victory of a job well done. X entered our room and sat down on the bed, smirking at him.

"That was... pretty damn awesome," I admitted, still feeling giddy from the success. "And you do this for a living? So bad ass."

X seemed to be smirking at me. "I know."

I grinned brightly, looking down at my lap and folding my hands together. X sat on the bed next to me, grabbing my hands and holding them in his. I frowned at that, raising an incredulous eyebrow at him.

"I know you had fun with this," X began, "and I had quite a bit of fun with it, too, wifey. So... maybe instead of heading back to Konoha, you could do just one more gig with me. What do you say?"

I hesitated. The others had to be worried about me, right? But it was so much fun.

"... Well," I said slowly, my frown deepening, "... I guess I could, but, you have to pay to send a letter to Tobi for me. I need to let him know that I'm okay. The poor guy must be having a panic attack."

"Okay, okay," X said. "Here... I have some paper here, and a pen. Write out your letter and we'll send it out now. Then right after dinner we'll teleport to our next destination. Sound good?"

"Sounds like a plan," I said, grinning brightly. "Now let go of my hands."

"But I'm your husband," X protested.

"This is exactly why I should just stick with Madara," I sniffed.

X gasped, appalled. "How dare you mention that name in front of me."

I shrugged, nonplussed.

"Before we go, there are some pictures I want to get developed," X said brightly.

"Pictures?" I asked, blinking in surprise.

X pointed at the top of his mask. "I've got a hidden camera in here. I, uh... might have taken some pictures. I just want to develop them before you send off your letter, okay? And we'll send the letter after we've teleported, we'll be closer to Amegakure after we've teleported."

"... Okay. Lead the way, soon-to-be-ex hubbie."

"Sure thing, wi - wait, what?"

(ノ◕ヮ◕)*:・゚✧

Hello, hello,

I'm sorry, you must be so worried about me. It's a long story, but don't worry. I'm perfectly fine and I'm with a friend - X, actually. We just stole a whole bunch of stuff and it was awesome. Seriously, I'm surprisingly having a lot of fun, so I decided to help X out one more time. We'll be at Sōgen no Mura for a few days, so if you absolutely need to see me, you can. If not, I'll head back to Konohagakure after I finish this up and see you there.