Part III - Welcome Home!

Disclaimer: I own nooothhiiinggg in this story... except Mia.

Warning: Not sure.

Beta: Lavendor Queen

(ノ◕ヮ◕)*:・゚✧

There was a knock at the door.

It was a quiet knock, and I looked up from my cup of coffee towards the door, frowning. Kakashi sat across from me, having woken up earlier than I. We weren't expecting anyone, so... I moved up from the couch, opening the door.

My cup slipped to the floor, where it shattered.

"Mia?" Kakashi asked, alarmed.

But I paid him no heed. My eyes watered and I swallowed roughly. "Welcome home."

Naruto, my baby boy, gave me a sheepish look. "I lost my keys."

"Idiot," I said before I grabbed him towards me, just as he started moving towards me. The extra momentum and having been caught off guard, cause us to fall backwards, but I didn't mind getting the wind knocked out of me, or having my back and butt sting like crazy because my baby boy was home.

I kissed the top of his head, words caught in my throat.

He didn't say anything, but he was relaxed.

When he looked up, he grinned brightly at me. "I take it you missed me?"

"Of course I did," I laughed, wiping at my eyes. I kissed his cheek. "Are you hungry? Can I get you anything?"

"Eh. I could eat. We haven't had breakfast yet... Kakashi-sensei? What are you doing here?"

"My house is currently dead," Kakashi explained.

Naruto nodded. "That sucks. Wait... is Anko staying here, too?"

"... I don't know," I admitted. "I don't think so, but if she wants to, she's welcome to, as always."

Naruto pouted. "But she's insane!"

"She's something alright."

I looked up, Jiraiya leaned in the doorway, grinning. I beaned. "Ah, I guess I should start making breakfast for you two now, huh? What would you like to eat?"

"Ramen!"

"Not ramen," Jiraiya said firmly.

"I can do both," I said, grinning.

"So is Sasuke or Sakura here?" Naruto asked.

"I just got back yesterday," I admitted, slowly sitting up, "and I told Anko to bring Sakura over around noon. Sasuke's on a mission at the moment with team 8, but they're scheduled to be back tonight."

Naruto nodded, rolling off me and yawning. "Damn, I'm tired."

I kissed his cheek, still feeling incredibly giddy at the fact that he was home. "Would you rather sleep first?"

"Nah. I'll eat... then I'll probably sleep."

"Okay," I said, standing up. "Breakfast for four, coming up!"

(ノ◕ヮ◕)*:・゚✧

With Naruto, and Jiraiya (he was tired, too), both sound asleep, Kakashi headed off for the day to... do... whatever it was he did. I asked him to inform Anko that I would be taking a day off today, due to the fact that my son had returned home. Around noon, both other occupants were still asleep, and I was in the middle of doing chores when Sakura entered. She rushed in, her eyes bright. "Mia!"