Chapter 8

"You look beautiful, kitten!" my mom says cheerily as I reach the hall. Harry walks right past us and inside.

Douche.

She called me kitten! That's adorable, i'm gonna cry!

"Thank you, mom! And thank you for the beautiful clothes you had for me, I can't thank you enough." I say, honestly really grateful. I had to work 2 jobs when I was only 15 just to buy an outfit every once and a while for myself. She smiles and directs me into the dining hall.

I just now notice the many people in the room, all I'm assuming are nobility or something. They greet me happily and I have light conversation, trying to get used to having so much attention.

Like I said, I've only gotten here today. This is moving a little fast!

Just then, my dad somehow settles the crowd and I end up next to him and my mother...in the front of the hall. My palms start sweating. Too. Many. People.

"We would like to thank you all for coming on such short notice! But as you all well know, it's for good reason." He smiles down at me and I take his and my mother's hands. "Our lost daughter was found late yesterday. So, may I present to you...Princess Francesca Charlotte Renalde." he says in a booming voice.

The entire hall erupts in cheers and applause and I can't keep the blush or smile off of my face. This is like a movie or something!

My eye catches Harry, leaning against the wall in the far corner, clapping slowly with a small grin on his face.

________________________________________________________________________

Have I ever mentioned I can't dance for the life of me?

There is this very posh dance here in Venera that my mother is trying to teach me, but I just can't. 

"Honey, it's like this!" she says, trying to get me to follow her hand movements. I end up looking like a mentally ill squirrel or something.

"Mom, I think it's best if I sit out of this one!" I say, laughing hysterically at how much of a failure I am. She can't hold back her fit of giggles as I stumble around trying to follow her, either. Eventually, we just stop and laugh, probably earning us a few strange looks. We glance over and see my father sitting at a table, laughing at us as well.

See, THIS is a family. A mother and father that I can be happy and laugh with. i've known them for none other than a few hours and they're loved and cared for me more than my other 'parents' ever even thought of.

After a few minutes of uncontrollable laughter, the man in charge of the music taps the microphone. 

"In honor of Princess Renalde, the dance of Venera will start now." he says, catching my eye and winking. He's dark haired as well, but more of a chestnut brown. He has soft curls to his hair and a beautiful physique.

Yeah, that's probably why I blushed.

My mother pushes me to the dance floor, and once she abandons me, I realize that I'm the only one. One this gigantic marble dance floor, that is.

My palms start sweating. 

What the hell am I supposed to do?!

Someone will come forward and begin the dance soon, honey.

WHAT-----MOTHER? YOU'RE IN MY MIND?!

I look to the side of the dance floor to see my mother nodding at me.

Yes, honey, our connection allows that. Look in front of you!

I look up and see the very same boy from the music booth, holding hand hand out to me. (Author's Note: It's hard to describe the dance I have in mind, so I've found a good clip of it, it's on the side if you wanna take a look! It's the song I have in mind as well!)