Chapter 25 (Finale of Book 1)

Harry's P.O.V

It takes me a few long moments to fully develop the scene in front of me.

Lying but an inch away; the girl I failed to save.

There's no emotion or words to possibly describe what runs through my mind, and I don't there ever could be. I died along with her. My biggest fear; never getting the chance. To be with her, to make things better. No one can fix it this time.

"What have you done?!"

I tremble violently in pure anger. I soar to my feet, jetting around quickly to the son of a bitch who's dared enter the room. I stalk towards him, unveiling my sword from it's cradle. Nevermind the tears still stinging hotly on my face.

"What have I done? You killed her, you stupid bastard!," I spit loudly in his face, "You made her sick, and you killed her!"

"It was an accident, I tried to help her." He looks at Frankie's cold body on the floor and back to me. "I loved her."

That was it. That was completley it. I swing the sword high above my head; it's his time to die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frankie's P.O.V. (trust me, just keep reading.)

I jolt awake my a pair of frail hands shaking my shoulders. I'm in a white area. All white. The grass i'm sprawled across is white, the sky is white with blue clouds, the trees are all white; everything is a striking white.

I'm so fucking confused.

I roll my head over and screech at the face looking before me.

I quickly sit up and shuffle my butt against the grass to gain as much distance away from her as possible, terrified by what I see.

No, she wasn't some grotesque evil being. Well, I hope not in some people's eyes, but....

It's, me?

She sits there, her skin glowing a certain pale white. Her hazel eyes are big and innocent, and she wears a long flowing light turqoise sun dress. Her hands are placed delecatley across her lap as she stares at me. Her resemblance to me, although strikingly identical, is much more pure.

"Hello."

I stare.

"It's rude to stare, but given the ciscumstances..."

"Are you--..."

"Francesca Renalde...the first of the kind," she says with a light heavenly laugh.

She sure is a lot more princess-like than I am.

Or was.

Realization hits me like a wave.

"I'm in heaven," I state knowingly.

She nods. "Indeed, we are for the most part. But in fact, sort of a limbo stage between Heaven and Earth." She stands up and smooths the creases out of ger dress, placing her hands behind her back and pacing around me angelicly. 

"It's a rather lovely place, when it's your time."

"When it's my time? But, I'm already---"

"But it is not your time, Francesca." She walks over to me and sits directly in front of me, placing her hands in her lap once more. She leans forward. "Yes, you are here in Heaven, a beautiful place. Yes, you've passed away. But that is the thing....you're not ready to be here yet. Your tradgety deserves a second chance. Which is why I hold an offer."