Chapter 22

We rode back to Malcom's and he's run somewhere to find me a disguise. 

As I wait for him, a dull headache arrives from my mental port. It's Harry. I slowly slide down my walls.

I smile as I speak to him. Hello Harry.

Frankie. How are things?

Just as fine as before, I wont be here for too much longer. I just need to spend some time with him.

Remind me again, why is that? He IS the one who kidnapped you.

But not for the reason you think.

I don't understand.

And you probably won't!

Your parents are worried about you. And so are Mabel and David. And me, but you knew that.

My heart lurches. I miss you all, too. But like I said, I'm not a runaway or anything, it's very complicated as to why I'm here.

Just come back to us soon?

Of course, but I need to ask you something.

Anything.

When I come home, I want things to be different with us. Now that I know about us.....I need to start having more good times with you.

Sounds good, Frankie.

Malcom's heavy footsteps startle me and I decide to end the conversation for now. 

Malcom is coming, I'll talk to you later on?

Sure Franks. But just letting you know that if he doesn't let you come home soon, were coming to-----

And with that, I slide my walls down with a smile as Malcom enters the room, not hearing the end of his sentence. He holds a long brown cloak with a hood and slim-fitted arms. "This hood is big enough to cover your face. Try this?" he says, handing it to me. I smile and slip the cloak on, pulling the hood up over my proper curled hair.

"Good?" I ask.

"Perfect. Beautiful." he says with a breathtaking smile. No matter how many times he says it, I still happen to blush at his remark. I've had confidence issues ever since I could remember, my old family didn't exactly make me want to feel any confidence in myself, let alone want me to.

Yup, confidence is something that needs some working on with Frankie.

I just spoke about myself in third person.

RIGHT THEN, ANYWAY.

We travel back outside to the horses and in the direction of the village.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

"Keep your hood on, and your head low," Malcom whispers to me as he takes my hand, leading me towards the village.

I nod in understanding but can't help but sneak a quick look at him from the corner of my hood. He has his own crown on now,  the gold and jewels glistening as the sunlight strikes it. The crown, his gorgeous features....

SHUT UP, FRANKIE. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I look out of a sliver of light in my hood to peek at the village. It's very simple and quaint, nothing like Venera. MUCH simpler. Dirt roads, but rather nicley built wooden shops and lanterns scattered about. Many horses being tugged along by their owners as they go from shop to shop, people carrying buckets of water from the well and back to their families.