Chapter 23

I can't even begin to apoligize for keeping you all waiting for so long. Understand that I have a lot going on at the moment and haven't had the time to really sit down and write. But I'll try harder for you lovlies. Next chapter will be much longer, I promise! Thank you to the new fans and new readers, keep commenting and voting! I love you guys so so so much. Thank you. 

Without further adieu....BUMBUMBUMMM, NEW CHAPTER! :D 

Love, Charlotte xx

_____________________________________________________________________________

Harry's P.O.V.

Mabel stands, flipping through her book of spells. Her feet padding back and fourth along the granite flooring is driving me mental. She looks focused on the pages, but with a slight twinge of despair in her eyes as well.

"I don't know anything about a location spell Harry, I don't know what to tell you," she says, shaking her head at the old frail pages, "Didn't she say she was coming back on her own?"

I pull at the fabric of my jeans. I'm completley erratic. "Who knows? She's hurt or worse, her mental port is gone, for fuck's sake. There has to be something in that. I thought there was a spell for everything!" I say, standing up to trudge over next to her. I rake a hand through my hair in pure frusteration. 

Now I know what this feels like. 

To be away from your mate, I mean.

My mind is copletley cluttered. I can't possibly sit still. I feel like I could rip my entire head of hair out and onto the ground. I haven't eaten or hunted in a matter of weeks, and I'm so weak because of it. Every look in the mirror is motrifying; red-viened eyes and a hard, cold face of anger and loss. I'm always on edge. I can't focus on even taking steps up a staircase. 

Since I've known about the mating for longer, she probably doesn't have the exact same side effects. But I hope I can prove to her one day what exactly she does to me.

All I want to do is kill this guy. For hurting her, for taking her away from me, from us all. Whether the fact is that I'm his "descendant" or not, I can't possibly let go what he's done and what he's capable of. Although I don't have an exact master plan, I do know that I will find her, and kill Malcom.

I look back up at Mabel, who's now rubbing her forehead, but then her eyes jolt open unexpectadely. "Until I can find something helpful," she speaks, "get David in here."

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

"You still have access to Malcom's mind at all? From when you were possessed from the Shadows he sent?" Mabel asks David in a fake calm demeanor. Her hysteria is becoming apparent, despite her attempts to hide it. I can see through her like a glass wall.

He looks frazzled, sitting down in a chair and raking a hand through his hair. He exhales deeply and answeres, "I mean, I haven't tried since then, but maybe...uh--" He closes his eyes and scans through his mind, I assume. He goes into a full state of concentration and the whole room falls silent. Finally, he says, "He's worried. He's scared."

My blood once again boils. "Probably scared that we'll find him, that stupid son of a---"

"Harry." Mabel warns with a hand up, "We're gonna find her, and things will go back to normal." She flips another page and begins pacing again. "Anyway, the reason I asked was to get a new theory on Frankie's current state. This Malcom guy could be worried because he wasn't the one who hurt her. Something else could have happened." She flips through her book and she slams it against the table with a huge smile. "I think I've found it," she shouts. David and I run over and lean over the crumbling book pages, trying desperatley to read over the ancient witchery text.