Chapter 20

"Didn't I promise to come for you? Did you not receive my message outside of your window?" he asks calmly with his hands in his pockets with a curious smile. "Anyway, you look stunning as always."

This bastard illusioned himself as David!

I step back and press myself into the wall, hoping somehow this was all a dream and I'd melt through this wall and end up in my comfortable bed. 

But nothing. This is my sad reality.

Malcom kept his promise, and I couldn't be more terrified.

"I'm not going anywhere with you, I don't know you! You're crazy!" I shout, still crying soundly.

He frowns and steps closer. "Ah, but you do know me, my Francesca. But not to worry of course, for with my help you will remember and come home."

I shut my eyes tightly hoping this will all just vanish. "Please leave me here, don't take me anywhere." I beg.

He frowns again, and closes the distance between us. My eyes are still shut. "It's where you belong." he says simply. "With me." He smiles lightly and grabs my waist swiftly. I decide now is the time to fight and start beating his chests with my tiny fists, kicking at his knees with no avail.

He begins a spell while still holding me tightly. "Our time in this dimension is now done, so--"

"Frankie?!" I hear a voice shout. I cock my head quickly to the right and see Mabel standing horrified at the end of the path. 

"Mabel! Help me, please! It's Malcom, he's taking me!" I shout, flailing my arms and legs trying to run to her. She catches on and breaks into a sprint towards us. Her hands begin to glow and I hear her shouting a spell as she draws closer and closer. But Malcom came prepared with a barricade spell, and he quickly covers the two of us in a barrier orb. Mabel is cut off by the orb and unable to reach us, so she proceeds to bang on the orb violently with her hands. She tries to throw bolts at it, but the barrier is strong. I cry harder, so hard that I'm practically gagging.

"I'll come for you, Frankie! I won't let this happen, I promise! I'll find you!" she shouts with tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry! I'll find you, we'll fix this!"

"Mabel!" I continue to struggle, but I'm obviously a lost cause now. I look back up at Malcom, who's finishing the spell.

"Our time in this dimension is now done, so bring us back to Scotland 1571. So command it, so shall it be." he completes. I shout for Mabel one more time, before I faint completely from the blast of the portal spell.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

I wake up on a bed.

Deja-vu, much?

I jolt up quickly and stand up from the plush bed, aware of what happened to me. Its daytime, now. I'm in an old room with very simply furniture and barley any decor. I used my enhanced hearing to listen for any signs of Malcom, but all I pick up is a piano playing soft music, probabl coming from a lower level of the house.

I walk towards the door to investigate and I pass a mirror on the way. I startle myself and walk back over to it, observing my new clothing. I'm in a very old-fashioned 1500's dress, it's scarlet red with a lace-up back and gigantic ball-gown look. My hair is pinned up with little red roses, as well as curled in little tiny ringlets and lose curls framing my face.

How did I even get in this clothing?

I focus on my mission and proceed out the door and down an exceptionally long staircase. I make it down to the bottom and look for the music.