Chapter 11

I wake up to hear voices.

"How is she? Any progress?" I hear someone ask. It's a boy.

"Not much, honestly. She'll be in bed for a while, it's lucky to stopped him when you did. One more pint of blood gone and she would be dead." Someone else says. This one sounds older.

"Not good enough." the boy says, sounding angrier.

"I'm sorry, Prince, but that nomad really got her good. Doesn't she know how to fight? Has she been formally trained at all yet?"

"She---she doesn't know yet. But that'll change soon, I guess."

What?

Someone gasps as I think to myself.

You're awake?

Someone presses a hand to my forehead and my eyes shoot open, startling everyone in the room.

Harry is sitting next to my bed, hand on my knee. "How are you feeling?" he asks quietly.

How did he hear my thoughts, too? My throat feels like cardboard, so I can't manage to get any words out. I point to the cup of water I spot next to him and he hands it to me. I manage to raise my weak hand and take a long swig before I respond. "What happened? Why am I so weak?" I ask, looking at the IV attached to my arm and listening to the beeping of the heart monitor.  "And how did you get into my mind?!"

Both the doctor and Harry look at each other panicked before Harry turns to me and answers. "You tried jumping over the wall to escape the castle grounds and fell." He says, but no so sure of himself. I weakly cock an eyebrow. I glance around my room and see the bloodbag i'm attached to, and the truth hits me like a ton of bricks.

I remember everything! The town, the blood shop, the little girl and her dying brother, that man....

THAT MAN DRANK MY BLOOD!

My eyes go wide and my breathing shallows. I weakly reach up and touch my neck. There's a bandage where he bit me! It really happened!

"You hit your neck during the fall, you---"

I sit up. "Bullshit!"

The doctor gasps. What, does no one curse on this island?!

"There was a man in an alley, sucking this boy dry of blood. And then he came after me and did this!" I say, pointing to my neck. The heart monitor speeds up profusley.

Harry tries to lay me back down, telling me that I'm crazy, but I don't budge. "You hit your head pretty hard, your imagining things, love." he says, trying to hide the panic in his voice.

"Don't call me love, you prick! What is this, a town of cannibals?" They look at me like I'm an idiot.

I scoff. "How about vampires, then?"

They go quiet, looking at each other with wide eyes.

My heart rises into my throat. "What?"

The doctor steps forward. "Listen, you weren't---"

"I don't believe this. I'm dreaming right? I'll wake up back in my shitty apartment in a second, right?" I say hysterically, scooting back in my bed. Harry stands up and takes my face in his hand, talking to me like I'm four.

"Maybe we should get your parents." I shove his hand away and rip the IV out of my arm, which I regret as soon as I do it.

OUCH.

I flip the covers off of me and take off out of the room, still feeling incredibly weak but enough energy for me to run. Thank god they left my in my regular clothes! I reach the end of the incredibly long corridor, ignoring the calls of my name from my bedroom. I stop to decide where to run to, when Harry appears in front of me, ending up in a blood-curdling scream escaping my mouth. He slaps his palm against my mouth to stop my scream. "Shut up! Would you calm down so I can explain?" he whisper-screams at me. Our scars are glowing.

I tear his hand away and back away. "Why should I listen?! You're not gonna explain anything more than I'm crazy! There's some big secret around here that no one is telling me, and I'm not gonna walk around like some clueless idiot all of the time!" I shout at him. I glance to my right and see a mirror. I step to it and attempt to rip off the bandage on my neck, wincing as I do so. Harry appears next to me and tries to stop me.

"It needs to heal, stop it!" he says worried. I fight him long enough to rip the bandage off, screaming in agony as I do so. The bandage drops to the floor and I look in the mirror.

Sure enough, there are bloody teeth marks draped across my neck.

My stomach flips and turns, and I'm worried about excreting my lunch right there. I calm my nausea and point furiously at my neck, screaming at Harry. "Then what the fuck is this?! This is not from a fall, that man bit me!"

Harry is turned away, breathing heavily and leaning over the railing. My face calms slightly. "What's with you?"

"Put the god damn bandage back on your neck, Princesss." He says, trying to catch his breath.

I point to it again. "That. Man. Bit. Me. He sucked blood out of me! Look at it, Harry!" I scream.

Suddenly, he shoots literally an inch away from me, holding my neck strongly and huffing in my face. His eyes are black, and there are these horrid black veins surrounding his eyes. He---he has fangs.

"EITHER PUT IT BACK ON, OR RUN!" he shouts at me. I have literally never seen so much anger in my life.

I stumble backwards, reaching for the bandage. As I scramble on the verge of tears to put the bandage back on, a low growl escapes his lips and he steps closer to me. I grab the bandage, get up, and run as fast as I can down one of the staircases. When I reach the bottom, the tears and terrified sobs have already been long escaping me. I don't recognize this hallway so I just keep running. I hear the growl behind me again and I stop at the end of the hallway, not knowing where else to go. I spin around and two hands grab me by my waist and slams me against the wall.

But the thing is, I'm too scared to even scream anymore. My screams stop, despite the monster growling in front of me. I'm so mesmerized trying to take in Harry's every new trait. I reach to touch his face. His face is hard and angry but I reach anyway.

I reminds me when he first found me on the train.

When I touch his face, my scars glows as bright as the sun, it's almost blinding. His growling ceases and his expression lightens. "You're killing me, Frankie." he says in a strained voice. "Put the bandage back on before I loose it again." He leans down close to my neck-bite, but retreats quickly. "Now!"

I place the bandage back on my neck and smooth the tape down, and I'm still honestly too confused, scared, shocked to react in any way. By now I realize that were still against the wall, me straddling his legs. I squirm a little and my face turns beet red. I can feel it!

Why must I be such an uncomfortable dork.

He blinks, and his eyes are the brilliant green they were all but a few minutes ago. His fangs retreat and the veins around his eyes go away. Subconsciously, I saw this all happen before. Like I should have seen this all coming.

"So, I guess my theory wasn't so crazy?" I say, out of breath.

He looks down at me, trying to hide the tiny grin he has. "I'm surprised you're being so cool about this. Well, that is, before you ran screaming." he says, sarcasm dripping off of the sentence.

We're still against the wall.

"Can we, uh---"

"Yeah, yeah." he says, placing me back on the floor. "You need to keep that bandage on until it heals. Your blood with literally drive me mad. And I'm not kidding, it's hard to control!" he says, with a stern look on his face. "But anyway, now----now I think is a good time to explain some things."

Well, finally!

Too bad I faint before he can say anything more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWWWW CHIZ, THE SECRET IS KINDA-SORTA REVEALED. *DRAMATIC MUSIC BLASTS* NEW CHAPTER UP TOMORROW OR THE NEXT DAY! xx