Chapter 21

Malcom is in the room in a matter of seconds. Literally.

"Why are you sad? What can I do?" he asks, hurrying to my side. The look of pure worry spread across his beautiful features only makes my heart lurch even more.

I attempt to gain my composure, wondering why I'm even crying so hard. But then I remember, my emotions are heightened as well, because my powers just got here.

"I'm not really sad, Malcom, don't worry. Sort of a rude-awakening kind of happy cry, it is." I muffle out of my mouth. He looks confused, but sits across from me and peers on worried until I finally calm down.

Yeah, like I'm gonna tell him I'm crying because I'm in love with his reincarnation. That's a low-blow.

"I'm sorry." I say, feeling ashamed of my little display.

"You do not have to be." he says with a genuine tone, looking at me like i'm silly.

I wipe my eyes and smile. "So, ehm." I look curiously around the house.  

He laughs and stands up, offering me his hand. I take it as he says, "Let's show you around, Lady Blackmore."

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

It's just starting to hit me that I'm really currently in the 1500's.

Malcom lives in a very old Macbeth-style castle, since he's in fact the Thane. These are very old times: barley any flooring, candle and firelight, wells as sinks and water sources. And it looks like i'll be here for a bit, so I might as well get used to it life without my new life.

Two servants lift the heavy iron and wood doors, revealing miles and miles upon end of open land. Malcom holds the small of my back and pushes me forward out of the dark medieval castle and into the sunlight of the green plains. "Now, I understand that these times are very new to you. But life so simple can be just as sweet." he says with a smile. He leads me to an area where there are a couple of horses feeding on some of the lush grass. He calls them and two of the obediently gallop over, squatting in front of us to grant us access to their backs. I look over at Malcom, stunned.

"You're a good horse trainer!" I say in shock. He laughs and comes closer, grabbing my waist. His chin gently rests on my shoulder. My breathing hitches slightly at the close contact and my heart cant help but flutter. I mean, he's basically Harry!

"They're under a charm, M'Lady. They're charmed to obey so well." he whispers huskily into my ear, sending pleasurable chills down my spine. He then hoists me effortlessly into the air and onto the light brown horse on the right. He places me sideways, which is seemingly more lady-like, but I quickly life my red gown up and swing my leg over the horse, sitting like I'm supposed to. 

He laughs as he climbs onto his own horse. "You've done this before, I'm assuming?"

I shake my head. "Never, but sitting sideways would surely end up in me splitting my head open." I say, shivering at the thought. I look down at the horse I'm sitting on. My hand instinctively reaches down and strokes the long mane of the beautiful horse, causing it to kick a little in delight. I laugh and coo at the horse as it enjoys every minute. 

FInally looking up, I see Malcom gazing over at me in wonder. I look down in embarassment and blush. "I'm an animal person, you could say." I blush.

He just laughs again and flicks some of the hair out of his face. He's wearing black flowy pants with high black leather boots and a white flowy long sleeve v-neck shirt. Think pirate wear, maybe? Wrong historical reference? Good lord, I was never very good in school.