Chapter 10

Long story short, I'm as athletic as the pebble under my left foot.

My crying has lessened, but the only way out of these castle grounds is by hopping this damn fence, and I have to hurry. I can hear commotion coming from the castle, probably rounding up some guards or something. Eh.

I manage to jam my foot in between two of the stones in the stone wall, attempting to hoist myself up. This isn't too bad.

I take that back.

I loose my footing and stumble backwards, landing with a thud on my ass. Dammit!

I got this, Frankie. Frankie's got this!

I LOVE HOW I GIVE MYSELF PEP TALKS. 

Go Frankie, go Frankie, YOU GOT THIS FRANKIE! WOOOOO!

............

Let's forget that ever happened, alright? I can actually feel my own self-embarassment. 

I'm shaken away from my mental thoughts by a voice, as well as a hand pointed out to me,

"Here, Princess." he says.

I look up into the eyes of David. I haven't seen him since last night, at the coronation. But what I really wanna know is how he's casually standing on the top of this gigantic stone wall?

I smile and accept his hand, and he somehow reaches me and pulls me the entire 10 feet up the wall. I let out a shreik as he hoists me up and I look down at the ground. I close my eyes.

"I hate heights, I hate heights, I hate heights, don't let me die---" I murmur to him and myself. I can almost hear him smile.

i hear a whoosh of air, and I'm suddenly on the ground.

"How did you---what?" I say, sounding like an idiot.

He smiles again and pushes the small of my back forward. "We need to get out of here if you don't want the guards hoisting you away." he says, looking back at the wall and hearing the running of some guards. I run alongside him into what looks like a town. And, this is where the real ish begins.

______________________________________________________________________________

I think I've taken at least a hundred pictures on my phone already.

This town, this island or whatever, it's the most gorgeous thing. Think---Italy, mixed with Paris. All on one big island. Cobble stone streets pave the way into the beautiful city, old vintage street lights and cute little shops everywhere you look. I don't see a single car, everyone's walking. Happy faces greet me and say hello at every glance, it just gives you this fuzzy comfortable feeling. And these are 'my' people.

MY PEOPLE FUCKING ROCK! (Pardon my french, though.)

"Different from London, huh?" David asks, looking at my gaping expression with an amused smirk.

"How did you know I lived in London?" I ask, kind of surprised.

He laughs. "You're the lost princess, everyone knows your story already." I guess that makes sense. I still don't even fully consider myself a princess yet. I mean, I haven't done anything! 

I begin to look at the different shops. Ice cream places, a bakery, music store, an apothecary....

Apothecary? Is this the 1700's? Maybe that should be called a pharmacy instead.

Then, i spot one sign that makes me stop in my tracks and raise an eyebrow at David. 

"Blood? Like, blood donations or something?" I ask, trying to get a good look into the store. David grabs my shoulders and quickly shoo's me away.