Chapter 19

After he pulls away to look for a reaction out of me, I grip his neck and pull his lips to mine once more.

The most curious wave of emotions burst through me as soon as he kissed me.

Complete happines.

Serenity.

Bliss.

Love.

Actually, I'll get back to you on that last one. I'm not sure what love is, yet, to be honest.

He pushes me softly against the counter and I jump onto it, sitting comfortably with Harry in between my legs. He plays with my hair a little bit and I entangle my fingers in the black hair that i've always been dying to touch. His hands travel down to my lower back, and I inch closer to him in pure bliss. For some reason, a sense of completeness washes over me as well. It's like a tiny little puzzle pieces has finally been connected.

He pulls away, us both breathing heavily. His eyes are swirling with his usual green, but also with a pinkish-magenta. Neither of us want to separate, so we just stare comfortably at one another.

"Sorry." he says with a smile that sends my heart fluttering.

"You don't have to be." I say, smiling back just as big. I lean in to kiss him again, when my face it whipped with a gust of air instead. I open my eyes to see Harry attempting to look out of the stain glass window to distract himself.

"No no, I'm sorry. This can't happen!" he whispers. "Did it again!" he sounds frustrated. I hop down from the counter and walk over to his position.

"What did I do?" I ask, my heart breaking with each step I take towards him. Did he change his mind? Am I that horrible?

He spins to face me with a look of complete sorrow. He takes my face in his hands and says, "It's not you, it's---this! It can't happen yet, we have to wait! I already did this once and I fixed it, and I went and fucked it up again!" he says.

But, as soon as he does, my mind starts to hum. Like, physically hums. Then suddenly, a burst of memories shoot into my head. I stagger backwards at the explosion of them into my mind, Harry standing there looking worried

.....I remember.

Everything.

The storm. His room. We kissed. Him apologizing. 

"I have to compel you to forget. You will not remember this night until I bring it up again someday. I hope that you could forgive me one day."

I look up at Harry in horror, slapping his hands away from my face. He doesn't realize how he brought the memories back. "You bastard!"

He stares at me, confused. "Look Franks, like I said, it's not your---"

"Bullshit, Harry! I remember, you brought the memories back! You kissed me, that night of the storm, then you used your power against me to compel me to forget it all!" I scream at him, shaking in pure rage. "How dare you use me and then compel me to forget like I'm some cheap rag doll!" I shout.

He looks like he might break, every time he steps closer he looks weaker and weaker. "I--I didn't mean to bring them back yet. But it's not like that Frankie, you have to understand! This isn't meant to happen yet!"

I hold my hands up to stop his words, still shaking out of pure anger. "I don't wanna hear it!" I shout. I point at him with a disgusted look. "You toyed with me. You fucked with my emotions! First you hated me, then you found out when I actually might be falling for you, you turned on this whole act to get me to fall harder. Acting all protective and nice, like you actually gave a crap!"