Revelations

I speed until I reach  his parents house. My heart is breaking for him. It is 7 pm by the time I reach his parents house. I get out of the car and rush to the door, needing to see him. A man who looks about sixty years old with graying brown hair answers the door, despair all over his face.

"Hi. I'm here to see Asher." I speak softly.

    The older man that I assume to be Asher's father nods at me and directs me upstairs. I walk up the steps, butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I am nervous to see how Asher is coping. I follow his fathers directions and lightly knock on his door. I wait for a few moments but don't hear a response. I slowly open the door and take a step inside the room. I see Asher sitting on the edge of the bed with his head down. I move to the bed and sit down next to him, putting my arms around him. Asher leans into my embrace and starts shaking his head, surely in disbelief. I hold him while this beautiful man mourns the loss of his brother.

    I wake up to Asher's head on my chest. I run my fingers through his hair, placing a kiss to his head. I look out the window to find the sun is just coming up. I gently move Asher off of me and quietly walk down stairs into the kitchen. I want to do something for Asher and his family, but I don't know what. What do you do for a family that just lost their second son? I look through the cupboards and find the ingredients I am looking for. Breakfast is a start, right? Better than nothing? I whip up some pancakes and bacon. I throw a plate together and bring it  up to Asher. I leave  a good amount on a plate in the kitchen for his parents for when they wake up.

    I walk into his room  to find him starting to wake up. I sit down next to him. "Here. I made you breakfast." My voice is gentle. I am not sure what to say. He nods, running his hand over his morning stubble. He takes the plate and begins eating.

    I am looking around his room, taking everything in when his voice interrupts my thoughts. "Thanks for coming." I turn my head towards him and reach out to trace his jaw. "I was already on my way when you called. I'd do anything for you babe."  I lean in a place a kiss to his lips. He wraps his arms around me and lays us down. We spend the next hour embracing each other, holding each other, not moving.  We lay like this until we eventually fall back asleep wrapped in each other.

    Eventually we get up for the day, walking down the stairs together. We walk into the kitchen to find both of Asher's parents are at the kitchen table, plates of breakfast sit in front of them untouched. Asher is the first to speak. "Mom, dad this is my girlfriend Carson. Carson, these are my parents." His parents continue to stare off, not acknowledging me. I clear my throat. "I'm so sorry for your loss." I know it's a cliche saying, but I don't know what else to say.

    Asher's mom surprises me by speaking. "The funeral is tomorrow. I should go pick out an outfit to bring to the funeral home." She gets up from the table and walks past me, avoiding eye contact. As she walks by I can smell the alcohol coming off of her. Even though it is only 11 am, I cannot judge. I can't imagine what she is going through. I can't imagine what this family is going through.

    I walk into the bathroom to take a shower. I feel out of place here, unsure of how to act or what to say. Relief floods through me as I unhook my bra, the underwire has been digging into my skin, leaving an indentation. I take my time in the shower, letting the water relax my muscles. I hesitantly get out of the shower, not ready to face the day. I walk into Asher's room in my towel, grabbing my clothes out of my suit case. I packed my nicer clothes, wanting to look nice for Asher's family. I slowly get dressed, noticing my clothes are more snug than they normally are. Great. I need to lay off the pancakes.

    Asher walks in at that moment, his eyes widening at the sight of me. I suddenly become self conscience, aware of how tight my blouse is. My breasts are basically bursting from the v cut in the blouse. "Damn baby, you look so sexy." Asher slowly walks over to me, his hands tracing over my breasts. I moan at his touch. His lips go to my neck, placing open wet kisses down my neck.