4 years later

I awake to yelling and my body bouncing up and down. I open my eyes to my two beautiful children jumping on the bed yelling.
"Wake up daddy!! Time to wake up."
       I roll over and look at my clock. 7:00 AM. I groan, not ready to wake up.
"Daddy! Mommy is going to be home soon!" My little girl Harper reminds me. I groggily get out of bed and stretch.
"What should we make mommy for breakfast?"

"French toast! I want French toast!" Holden is yelling as I pick him up in one arm and Harper up in the other. I carry them downstairs and start breakfast. We aren't even halfway done cooking and the kitchen is already a disaster. Both of the twins have powdered sugar covering them from head to toe. Charlie is licking the syrup they knocked over. And the smell of burnt French toast fills the kitchen. Of course that's the moment Carson decides to walk through the door. She pauses, talking in the disaster before her eyes. I shoot her an apologetic look as both Harper and Holden rush over, each grabbing a leg.

"Mommy's home!"
Carson walks over to me while dragging the twins and crosses her arms. "Did I miss out on a food fight?"
I chuckle, not looking forward to cleaning this disaster.
"The kids and I were going to make you breakfast. But it didn't turn out so great."

       Carson looks around the kitchen nodding. "I can see that." I lean in a place a slow kiss to my wife's lips. "Welcome home baby." I place my hand on Carson's pregnant belly. I was lucky enough to have Carson bless me with our beautiful twins, and now she is about to give me our third child. I lean down and press a kiss to her baby bump. "Does baby want to go out for donuts?" I give up on the breakfast we tried to make. I feel a solid kick against my hand. I take that as a yes. "Alright let's go."

       I stand straight up and look into the baby blue eyes of my wife. "I love you so much Cars."

A smile creeps across her face. "I love you too Ash."