Baby just say yes

"Where are you taking me?" A blindfold is tied across my eyes, preventing me from seeing anything. I am in the car trying to warm up from the cold air. He squeezes my hand.
"Almost there baby."

   It's been a week since returning from his parents. Today I come home from running errands to find Asher waiting for me with a blindfold in his hand. He tells me he has a surprise for me. He won't give me any clues or information on where he is taking me.

The car ride eventually becomes slower and I can feel the nerves radiating off Asher. I assumed
we are getting closer to his surprise. Eventually the car stops and Asher gets out, walking around the car to help me out. He helps me out and  guides me forward a few feet before standing behind me and wrapping his arms around my  large belly. His husky voice next to my ear.
"You ready?"

I nod in excitement. The blindfold is taken off and my jaw drops. Before me stands a beautiful house. It is a two story house with brown siding and brick. It has a porch with a hanging swing. Visions of Asher and I with our children on it immediately run through my mind. I stand there in amazement, looking at this beautiful house. I don't care that I am freezing and can see my breath in the cold air. I am admiring the perfection of this house. I'm still appreciating the structure when Asher grabs my hand and starts pulling me forward.

We get to the front door and Asher pulls out a key. "Welcome home Carson." He opens the door and the first visions of the house come into my view. I walk in amazement through the house, taking in every detail. I run my hands over the sectional couch in the living room when I am distracted by the pictures hanging above the fireplace. Several pictures of Asher and I are hanging, some I wasn't even aware that he took. In the middle is a picture of our ultrasound. I walk into the kitchen, admiring the cherry cabinets and the granite counters. I am not nearly done admiring the beauty of the house before Asher again grabs my hand. He leads me upstairs and stops in front of the second door down the hallway. He covers my eyes with his hand and opens the door with the other.

He ushers me into the room and removes his hand, tears start forming in my eyes. This room is our nursery. The walls are a light blue with pictures of Finding Nemo characters on the walls. The cribs are on opposite walls and there is a glider next to each of them. I run my hand across the bookshelf that contains many children's books. The room is perfect. I waddle over to Asher, unable to express how much I love him.

It is mid December and a layer of glistening snow covers the lawn. Asher and I have settled into our new house and we are now getting ready for the twins. We are currently on our way to our maternity photo shoot. Even though I am enjoying being pregnant, I am ready for it to end. I stand at the doorway waiting for Asher to finish getting ready.

We arrive at the gallery and begin the shoot. We start off with some of the traditional poses with Asher standing behind me. The photographer instructs Asher to get on his knees and place his hands on my belly. Asher places a kiss to my abdomen as I look at the camera.

I turn my head back and look down to tell Asher to get up. All the air leaves my lungs. In front of me is Asher on one knee with a ring between his fingers. My hands fly to my mouth and tears form in my eyes.

"Carson baby. From the minute we met I felt a connection. I didn't even realize a part of me was missing until I met you. A wise person once said 'It's a love story. Baby just say yes.' Marry me Carson. Say yes."

I blink through my tears and nod. A sob breaking through my throat. "I love you Ash."

   It is January and my due date is any day now. I sit on the couch with Charlie with my swollen feet propped up on pillows. Asher invited some of his friends over to watch the Patriots game. They are in the play offs and the third quarter is in play.

      All the boys are glued in front of the TV. "Brady to Gronk for the touchdown!" The announcers voice is drowned out as the boys start yelling. I am about to join in the celebration when I feel liquid running down my legs. I prop myself up to get a better angle and notice a large wet stain on my pants.

"Asher!" I attempt to tell over the boys yelling. "Asher!" I repeat myself.

  He gives a quick glance over my way and replies "I know babe. What a great play." His attention goes back to the tv.

  Groaning, I maneuver myself off the couch, which is difficult due to how pregnant I am. I waddle my way over the Asher and stand there, waiting for him to take his focus off the game. Without taking his eyes off the screen, he asks
"What's up babe?"

"It's time." I look down at him, waiting for realization to kick in. He does a double take between me and the TV before noticing my wet pants.

"My water broke." Asher immediately jumps up off the couch, running around flustered. He gathers our overnight bag and leads me to the car, kissing me lightly as we prepared for our new journey.