(Chap.7) Protective

I ran over to the stairs and saw my older brother stomping his feet down them. "If you can explain, I'd start now before I get real mad," he said. He jumped down the last few steps like some sort of special entrance...I wasn't amused. "First you disappear with some guy, don't come home at all and then have the guy drive you home and act like nothing even happened," he scolded. I told him what had happened and with every word I said, I could see him getting even more angry. He then lectured me on how many people I could have killed and how much danger I put us in and I knew that, but I couldn't help that I was exposed. "And I was just so worried," he said. His face becoming kinder, " I had no idea what had happened to you. I searched and searched, but I just couldn't catch a scent." He then pulled me into a hug. "But I'm safe. I'm strong and nothing bad could ever happen to me like that," I replied and squeezed him back. Our hug had lasted for ten seconds before the horrible words broke out of Dan's mouth, "You know I'm going to have to tell the rest of the pack." "No! No you don't! Why would you?" "Because they were there. They saw you disappear. They'll want to know what happened to you. What do you want me to do lie to them and tell them you were next to me the whole time?" "Yes! Lie your butt off if you have to. You can't do this to me." Dan said nothing and just shook his head. I stormed off upstairs into my room. Thinking, about what our alpha Brysen, would have to say. ( sorry it was short it was litterally 1:00 a.m. And I was writing so I might write another today!)